Hunt in Namibia

Abby

Reaction score
Hello,

I have never been to Africa and I'm new to this forum but was hoping to ask some questions and get some help. Im thinking of going to Namibia on a family/hunting trip with young kids youngest is a year old in 2018, do you guys think this is okay or safe for them. I want to hunt Rhino or Elephant and I am trying to decide between Ndumo hunting safaris and Aru games lodge I know they are both great Outfits but for my group what would be the better choice. If anyone has some knowledge or advice would be appreciated.
This might be rookie question is it hard to import Rhino trophy and horn to Canada?

Thank You
Abby

Love Namibia honestly. I wasn't aware you could hunt chobe bushbuck there. I would imagine getting a permit for one would be difficult. I m hoping to get back there in 2019 for leopard.

This might be rookie question is it hard to import Rhino trophy and horn to Canada?
No. You require a CITES permit.

Hello,

I have never been to Africa and I'm new to this forum but was hoping to ask some questions and get some help. Im thinking of going to Namibia on a family/hunting trip with young kids youngest is a year old in 2018, do you guys think this is okay or safe for them. I want to hunt Rhino or Elephant and I am trying to decide between Ndumo hunting safaris and Aru games lodge I know they are both great Outfits but for my group what would be the better choice. If anyone has some knowledge or advice would be appreciated.

Thank You
Abby
Abby
I can highly recommend ARU for your family safari. They have rhino on their property, but the elephant hunt is in caprivi and I would not be taking a 1 year old there. It is a tent camp and certainly a malaria area. The plains game hunting location is totally safe and only 1 hour fromWDH airport. I would not hesitate to take children to Namibia as it is a dry country (except Caprivi area) so there is little risk of malaria and it is a safe English speaking country.
Feel free to PM me if you need more info on ARU Safaris.
Philip

Love Namibia honestly. I wasn't aware you could hunt chobe bushbuck there. I would imagine getting a permit for one would be difficult. I m hoping to get back there in 2019 for leopard.
Yes the Caprivi Strip has strict quotas and you have to book ahead to get a permit for some animals. I saw a beautiful chobe bushbuck there but no permit of course!
Philip

Abby
I can highly recommend ARU for your family safari. They have rhino on their property, but the elephant hunt is in caprivi and I would not be taking a 1 year old there. It is a tent camp and certainly a malaria area. The plains game hunting location is totally safe and only 1 hour fromWDH airport. I would not hesitate to take children to Namibia as it is a dry country (except Caprivi area) so there is little risk of malaria and it is a safe English speaking country.
Feel free to PM me if you need more info on ARU Safaris.
Philip

You might want to consider Botha & Caroline at Acacia Hunting Safaris. They have a five month old son, so it would be a friendly place for young children. Botha enjoys hunting with kids. I have hunted with them twice. Once in 2015 and this past July , 2017. My wife also hunted on both trips. Botha has a dangerous game license. He has rhino on his property, but for elephant you would have to hunt in the caprivi, where he also guides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.