Howdy from Wyoming

Hey everyone,

I live in northern Wyo and have been an avid elk hunter since the age of 12. Been dreaming about hunting in Africa since a similar age, and finally am in a place financially and in terms of my work schedule where that's actually feasible. I'm shooting for a trip in 2025.

I've also been a bit of a "firearms enthusiast" (read: gun nut) my entire life, and have been handloading, shooting at long to extreme ranges, and generally messing around with various firearms since my teens. The high velocity, ultra-low-drag long-range stuff doesn't really interest me that much anymore; big bore bolts and doubles do (as do single action revolvers, but that's another story). In that vein, I'm looking to pick up my first .375 H&H bolt gun in the near future, CRF of some type, probably either a Ruger M77 or a newer Model 70. Something to ease me into the safari rifle world, shoot a few elk with (why not), and hopefully take to Africa before too long.

At any rate I look forward to being a part of the forum!

~J

Welcome Aboard.
 
Welcome from SW Montana, this forum is a great resource of info and just plain fun to sit and read sometimes!
 
Welcome! Enjoy the site!
 
Hey everyone,

I live in northern Wyo and have been an avid elk hunter since the age of 12. Been dreaming about hunting in Africa since a similar age, and finally am in a place financially and in terms of my work schedule where that's actually feasible. I'm shooting for a trip in 2025.

I've also been a bit of a "firearms enthusiast" (read: gun nut) my entire life, and have been handloading, shooting at long to extreme ranges, and generally messing around with various firearms since my teens. The high velocity, ultra-low-drag long-range stuff doesn't really interest me that much anymore; big bore bolts and doubles do (as do single action revolvers, but that's another story). In that vein, I'm looking to pick up my first .375 H&H bolt gun in the near future, CRF of some type, probably either a Ruger M77 or a newer Model 70. Something to ease me into the safari rifle world, shoot a few elk with (why not), and hopefully take to Africa before too long.

At any rate I look forward to being a part of the forum!

~J
Welcome to AH
 
Well come..!! From the Far side eastern Oregon. This was a good find and packed with info that a guy or lady could use on all kinds of stuff..;-).
 
Welcome from Casper! Great people on here and a wealth of information.
 
Thanks! Man, I thought I had it bad before, but this forum is seriously amplifying my need to explore Africa.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,546
Members
169,371
Latest member
BernardCos
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top