How will the looting in Durban impact SA hunting?

Oh come on, they had a coup a couple years ago and replaced one Marxist with another. The ZANU–PF is a fully functioning Marxist organization, they make Bernie look like Reagan.
Is racism being spewed on Zimbabwe news channels 24/7 ?

We left Pretoria Wednesday afternoon headed east and then North to Phalaborwa came back today going west and then South. Small roadblocks each way exiting Guateng and entry but that was it nothing else except potholes to report on a trip of about 1000km in total driving different roads.

So anyone heading north in Limpopo soon don't worry.

Do you think there is a single person in Zim, who shares a similar world view as us, who wouldn't trade their political system for our's in a heartbeat?
Everywhere has its problems. There was a time when I would have given my right arm for a green card, not because we had problems and USA didn't, but because of the infinite possibilities you seem to have had - and we didn't. But then the penny dropped - one makes one's own possibilities, and we have buffalo and lions as a starting point. Zim's greatest export, three times more valuable than the tobacco crop at its peak is its diasporans. They send back money each month to build houses. So I think they have the foresight to see beyond the short term problems to the future, so should we all.

Everywhere has its problems. There was a time when I would have given my right arm for a green card, not because we had problems and USA didn't, but because of the infinite possibilities you seem to have had - and we didn't. But then the penny dropped - one makes one's own possibilities, and we have buffalo and lions as a starting point. Zim's greatest export, three times more valuable than the tobacco crop at its peak is its diasporans. They send back money each month to build houses. So I think they have the foresight to see beyond the short term problems to the future, so should we all.

Truly a shame, all that talent and resources could make a marked impact if it could he harnessed back at home. Climbing out of the hole is always takes far more effort than making it. I look forward to being back next year. Love to buy you a whiskey.

Do you think there is a single person in Zim, who shares a similar world view as us, who wouldn't trade their political system for our's in a heartbeat?
I'm sure they would. The American political system is simply a more sophisticated form of thievery, and oppression, though many fail to realize it. The Leftists would welcome them onto the Democrat plantation with false promises of prosperity, and equality, while using them as pawns in a political game, while providing them nothing but false hope.
The only difference in politics, is the amount of savagery that 3rd world countries use to net an end gain over it's people. That's when revolutions are needed.

Most though do NOT share a similar world view. Not to mention US will now be investigated by UN for racism while Zimbabwe is not. ;)

Truly a shame, all that talent and resources could make a marked impact if it could he harnessed back at home. Climbing out of the hole is always takes far more effort than making it. I look forward to being back next year. Love to buy you a whiskey.
Yes, let's do it Yancy, you are on!

Most though do NOT share a similar world view. Not to mention US will now be investigated by UN for racism while Zimbabwe is not. ;)

Who doesn't welcome the opportunity to stand in judgement from Burkina Faso, Sudan, Somalia and Venezuela? I mean, they all have so much we should strive for when it comes to human rights...

Complete rubbish. They're not confiscating anything. Stop listening to BS WhatsApp posts. How do I know? Well, considering I have friends in KZN who were doing said roadblocks they said to me that the police aren't trying to confiscating any of their firearms. If anything they're working together. I usually don't get riled up easily but now is not the time for parasitic fake news. It's kak.

I have been on the ground for 7 days now, and have had only great working relationships with the SAPS, but the metro police did indeed confiscate rifles in Durban. We’ve provided the police in Empangeni with ammunition, and they appreciate our willingness to be on the frontlines with them.

We are now preparing for more riots tonight and tomorrow and standing side by side with the taxi associations. We are flying in ammo via willing private pilots from the rest of the country in preparation. We wil, for PC reasons, start with rubber again, but then situation is going to change very quickly to ARs, AAA, SSG, SG and LG, as well as slugs and handguns. A lot more people are going to die before this lunacy ends.

I will post the notification received today from Emirates, as members are checking this thread for updates regarding their pending hunting trip.
Screenshot_20210718-203547.jpg

I have been on the ground for 7 days now, and have had only great working relationships with the SAPS, but the metro police did indeed confiscate rifles in Durban. We’ve provided the police in Empangeni with ammunition, and they appreciate our willingness to be on the frontlines with them.

We are now preparing for more riots tonight and tomorrow and standing side by side with the taxi associations. We are flying in ammo via willing private pilots from the rest of the country in preparation. We wil, for PC reasons, start with rubber again, but then situation is going to change very quickly to ARs, AAA, SSG, SG and LG, as well as slugs and handguns. A lot more people are going to die before this lunacy ends.

Our prayers are with you. Straight shots!

Last edited:
1626725371476.png

No issues at all when we did Joberg to Limpopo on Sunday. Roadblock at Limpopo border just waved us through when they saw the gear stacked in back of the bakkie.

WilhelmM, while I appreciate you have friends in KZN who are manning road blocks and you are getting info from them, I have been manning road blocks in KZN since Tuesday. There are hundreds if not thousands of said road blocks in the province. We have daily security meetings with the neighbouring heads of ‘security’ and have it as a fact that firearms were confiscated by Metro Police, not SAPS. As a result we all now have to abide by the firearms control act and not have our firearms displayed in public (i.e. rifle kept in vehicle, not on shoulder). The display of licenced firearms in public (illegal in normal times) is what I suspect has led to the confiscations.
We were also issued permits and letters from the head of SAPS in KZN last night to be able to show Metro police that what we are doing is allowed (community policing) in case of trouble from them. We have a protocol to follow in case of arrest as well as volunteer lawyers on standby to help if such a situation occurs.
To those suggesting our posts are fear mongering and will damage the industry etc- I apologise. I am defending my home and community and when the topic arose on AH I thought members would want to be kept abreast of current developments. So unless you plan on hunting bushpigs in the natal sugarcane you have nothing to worry about.
Nkawu,
Hope all is well. Do you have any updates for us on your neighborhood or area violence?
thanks,

Hi charleslabounty, things have calmed down a lot. We have stopped our road blocks and last night was the end of our passive observation posts. We are still actively patrolling the area in vehicles after dark to supplement the local security companies. As a community we now have a data base and means of calling up an armed force at short notice with keys points to rally to and defend. There was concern a few nights ago that a second wave was coming after two million rounds of police ammo was looted from a shipping container, however, nothing materialised. The police and military presence has also increased which has allowed most shops to reopen although stock is limited due to the burning down of the big distribution centres. This was a good refresher for the community to get its act together in an emergency and we did it well. Hopefully the events of the last fortnight will take the wind out of the sales of the proposed bill to take away firearms for self defence. I am now thinking of dedicating one of my hunting rifles (308) to a patrol rifle role with some modifications like low mag illuminated reticule scope and new bottom metal to accept AICS mags to compliment my Glock. We never know when something similar starts up again, and as we have learnt in high resolution, you cannot be over prepared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosHeis

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.