Hornady 9.3mm 286gr Interlock SP-RP

Aussie_Hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
I'm in the process of purchasing a 9.3X62 rifle so I started looking a reloading components. There is not a whole lot available in Australia right now especially with Woodleigh still being out of production, does anyone have experience with the Hornady 286gr Interlock SP-RP projectiles on game? I am able to get some Woodleighs but I think I will have to resort to some other projectiles as well until Woodleigh is back up and running, I am able to get my hands on a decent qty of these Hornady projectiles. I hunt with Hornady DGX and SST's in other calibres but never hunted with these interlock SP-RP projectiles so any input is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.32.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.32.58 PM.png
    4 MB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.32.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.32.59 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.33.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.33.01 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.33.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.33.03 PM.png
    582 KB · Views: 67
What will you be using it for
Shot a large Bull Elk with a Hornady 250gr RN out of a 338 win Bull ran about 100yards no exit hole but turned everything inside into a pink froth
With all of the great premium bullets out there it would not be my first choice for heavy game ...BUT.... with limited availability these days we have to take what we can get ... When you think about the evolution of bullets over our life time 30 years ago we shot the same animal with a lot less bullet
If your chasing Buff in your area I would look at CEB bullets they are in stock and are wicked

Last edited:
For 300-400 pound animals think they will be fine, probably will be the ones I use after my 9.3 is finished. For your heavier built animals I'd like a heavier constructed bullet, same if I was going to hunt elk,moose,big bear.

I forgot to.mention if your looking for mono metal in the 9.3mm
Give Cameron from Atomic 29 a call he has projectiles in 9.3 and I picked up a bunch from him those would work ok on buff. Meplat firearm services has Cutting Edge for the 9.3 I think those will all work well in your 9.3 and might be worth looking at.
Of course the swift Aframes in 300 gr are a great one for buff and what I have used in my. 416 for years.
I think you have some choices there that you can test. Cameron has seconds that you can get from him with there weights varying a little that you can use for practice.
I'm waiting for a delivery from him for .458 450gr and 375 in 300gr he also threw in some 9.3 seconds to try.
Nice guy to deal with as well.
Best of luck

Recovered from a bison cow. Hornady 286 gr Interlock bullet. Mv 2550 shot at 26 yards. Three inches behind left ear, through the muscle, rocker vertebrae and imbedded in base of skull.

441AF12C-3789-4480-B8BF-8CF906BE5628.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of purchasing a 9.3X62 rifle so I started looking a reloading components. There is not a whole lot available in Australia right now especially with Woodleigh still being out of production, does anyone have experience with the Hornady 286gr Interlock SP-RP projectiles on game? I am able to get some Woodleighs but I think I will have to resort to some other projectiles as well until Woodleigh is back up and running, I am able to get my hands on a decent qty of these Hornady projectiles. I hunt with Hornady DGX and SST's in other calibres but never hunted with these interlock SP-RP projectiles so any input is appreciated, thanks.
@Aussie_Hunter
No experience in the 9.3x62 but in the 35 Whelen the 250gr Hornady round nose packs a big heap of hurt on oryx and leaves golf ball size hole out the other side and the 250gr spire point makes short work on the pigs I have shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross