Hodgdon Superformance?

analog_peninsula

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 13, 2022
Messages
723
Reaction score
1,869
Location
Republic of Texas
Media
8
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI, HSCF
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Wyoming, Texas, Idaho, Mexico
So ... I've yet to put together a Superformance load in any of my rifles that shot any better than barely acceptable. Have I just been unlucky, or is there a specific application where this stuff shines? Where have you had the best results using it? I've still got a couple or three pounds, and I'd like to use it, if I can find the right application.
 
I use it in my 30-06 and it's unbelievable accurate. You should try using magnum primers with you loads if you are not already.
Ball powder is just a little bit more accurate when it's stoked by a hot flame.
 
It worked good in a 270 I loaded for (uncles gun, he’s since passed away) years ago. Never got a good ES for my standards but plenty good enough for 350-400 yard hunting. I’m just nit picky. ES of somewhere around 35-40, SD around 15-20. Mind you that was in a savage axis. But accuracy was half MOA pretty consistently, and never above .75”
 
I plan on using it in my 404 j once it's finished I have tried it in other 404's and it was very accurate.
 
It worked good in a 270 I loaded for (uncles gun, he’s since passed away) years ago. Never got a good ES for my standards but plenty good enough for 350-400 yard hunting. I’m just nit picky. ES of somewhere around 35-40, SD around 15-20. Mind you that was in a savage axis. But accuracy was half MOA pretty consistently, and never above .75”
What primer ?
 
What primer ?
Federal 210 match. I use match federal for pretty much everything. 210m and 215m. I don’t reload for anything that uses a small rifle or pistol primer currently. In his old age he was more of a fair weather hunter so I never bothered with magnums. Might have been worth it if he was younger and still hunting in sub zero°F temps, but magnum primers in small cartridges like that tend to amplify SD.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,915
Members
169,464
Latest member
Levergunsite
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top