here is a new thing!

I have brought several back over the years in my gun case with no issue.
 
First I’ve ever heard of “no TSA locks”

I flew DFW, Doha, Johannasburg, Harare and return with these HD TSA locks and never had an issue.


I also had a spear in my case on return and nobody said a word.

However I did fly back from Costa Rica a few years back with a Yeti loaded with Mahi Mahi & yellowfin tuna; I declared it and customs in Houston was easy as can be, the CBP agent asked me more questions about the yeti than my fish because she was going to buy her husband one for his birthday.

I watched CBP hand my yeti to TSA and boarded the flight from Houston to Austin.

Landed in Austin and the TSA lock was missing, thought it was weird but went home and opened the yeti to find the “TSA has inspected your bag” note inside…. And a 7lbs bag of my Mahi Mahi filets was missing!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
First I’ve ever heard of “no TSA locks”

I flew DFW, Doha, Johannasburg, Harare and return with these HD TSA locks and never had an issue.


I also had a spear in my case on return and nobody said a word.

However I did fly back from Costa Rica a few years back with a Yeti loaded with Mahi Mahi & yellowfin tuna; I declared it and customs in Houston was easy as can be, the CBP agent asked me more questions about the yeti than my fish because she was going to buy her husband one for his birthday.

I watched CBP hand my yeti to TSA and boarded the flight from Houston to Austin.

Landed in Austin and the TSA lock was missing, thought it was weird but went home and opened the yeti to find the “TSA has inspected your bag” note inside…. And a 7lbs bag of my Mahi Mahi filets was missing!

It doesn't say that you cant use TSA locks but there is a contradiction in their requirements where they say that the "only the passenger should retain the key or combination to the lock" So that right there contradicts that you can use TSA locks since the TSA agents can open TSA locks.

Here is what it says exactly on the TSA web site

Only the passenger should retain the key or combination to the lock unless TSA personnel request the key to open the firearm container to ensure compliance with TSA regulations. You may use any brand or type of lock to secure your firearm case, including TSA-recognized locks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't say that you cant use TSA locks but there is a contradiction in their requirements where they say that the "only the passenger should retain the key or combination to the lock" So that right there contradicts that you can use TSA locks since the TSA agents can open TSA locks.

Here is what it says exactly on the TSA web site

Only the passenger should retain the key or combination to the lock unless TSA personnel request the key to open the firearm container to ensure compliance with TSA regulations. You may use any brand or type of lock to secure your firearm case, including TSA-recognized locks.
Yeah I agree with the contradiction, but I’m going to continue using them to negate the…..

“We paged you and you didn’t show up so you have no gun for your hunt.”

As per the OP’s post…. Their gonna get into it regardless.
 
You can also just check with the gate agent to make sure that your bags are on the plane if you are worried.

That's all we did on our first trip.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,249
Messages
1,570,727
Members
169,129
Latest member
ChangeLal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top