Hello from Chicago

Padampte

New member
Joined
Dec 11, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
How do I sell legally two tusk of ivory I inherited from my great grandfather?
 
All depends where you live and where the tusks are located.

Please search the classifieds.
Many others have been attempting the same thing.
 
Welcome to AH Padampte! As @BRICKBURN said, search the site.
 
Until you get them here there is nothing to talk about.
 
@Padampte I've sent you a PM as I'm local and can run you through what I know for our State.

A full ban on the sale of ANY and ALL ivory tusks takes effect in 19 days for the State of IL. After that date, they are worthless and can not be sold ever.

At present, it is illegal to sell them across state lines.

In short, you need a customer that will buy them inside of Illinois in the next 19 days that will in turn never, ever be able to sell them in the future. As such, the price/value of tusks is limited by the fact they will not be an asset or a salable good in less than three weeks.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Update: I spoke with the author and then saw pictures. The photos are of some sort of impala/gazelle species. I mentioned they are not ivory and that they have little value.
 
Good research rookhawk, wow I didn't know Illinois passed that type of wildlife regulation.
 
Welcome to the best forum Padampte! Enjoy!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,362
Members
169,540
Latest member
NonaG07838
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top