Hello from Chicago

Padampte

Reaction score
How do I sell legally two tusk of ivory I inherited from my great grandfather?

All depends where you live and where the tusks are located.

Please search the classifieds.
Many others have been attempting the same thing.

Welcome to AH Padampte! As @BRICKBURN said, search the site.

Until you get them here there is nothing to talk about.

@Padampte I've sent you a PM as I'm local and can run you through what I know for our State.

A full ban on the sale of ANY and ALL ivory tusks takes effect in 19 days for the State of IL. After that date, they are worthless and can not be sold ever.

At present, it is illegal to sell them across state lines.

In short, you need a customer that will buy them inside of Illinois in the next 19 days that will in turn never, ever be able to sell them in the future. As such, the price/value of tusks is limited by the fact they will not be an asset or a salable good in less than three weeks.

Last edited:
Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!

Update: I spoke with the author and then saw pictures. The photos are of some sort of impala/gazelle species. I mentioned they are not ivory and that they have little value.

Good research rookhawk, wow I didn't know Illinois passed that type of wildlife regulation.

Welcome to the best forum Padampte! Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!