Hello from Bwana Moja. Africa is NOT "The Dark Continent"

I still call Lucas Electrics the Prince of Darkness. I'll bet someone or some entity is offended.
In other news, I always liked Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben. I've stopped buying those products.
Yeah, kinda sad that a tribute to someone, or representative (real or not) can so easily be turned into something bad/political. Even more disturbing is the ease of which so many are convinced.

I still call Lucas Electrics the Prince of Darkness. I'll bet someone or some entity is offended.
In other news, I always liked Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben. I've stopped buying those products.
Anyone thats dealt with or been involved with Rover or Jaguar can attest to that nick name for Lucas being accurate & stop on.

Mono is cute..... as an adjective and monkey when it is a noun. I resemble both. :LOL::LOL: I am not offended at all.

you know you go to hell for lying right? you are definitely not cute....

:D :D :D

A media personality calling himself Bwana Moja, no less, lecturing on the "dark continent"

Thank you but I was born in Afica, third generation.

A media personality calling himself Bwana Moja, no less, lecturing on the "dark continent"

Thank you but I was born in Afica, third generation.
Name dropping Nelson Mandela constantly

Never mind that he was responsible for terrorist bombings of innocent women and children, but when Mandela was President I am pretty sure he had bigger issues on his mind than whether someone called Africa “The Dark Continent”

Jus sayin

Makes me wonder if my pith helmet is racist.. :Pompus: :Cigar:

CCE2CE06-58E9-435C-8744-FDB3E266D3E7.png

Get your ass thrown in the hoosegow, it will.

you know you go to hell for lying right? you are definitely not cute....

Come on, man! If you are into pale, (slightly) overweight, bald guys.....I am the total package. :LOL::LOL::LOL: Thankfully, at least one pretty Colombian girl is into that. :LOL::LOL: I am like an ugly puppy, I am so darn ugly I am cute!

Come on, man! If you are into pale, (slightly) overweight, bald guys.....I am the total package. :LOL::LOL::LOL: Thankfully, at least one pretty Colombian girl is into that. :LOL::LOL: I am like an ugly puppy, I am so darn ugly I am cute!

I’m starting to get a little concerned with the direction of this thread..,

1660329908477.png

I probably should stop... something of a pot calling the kettle black sorta thing...

Ive got the face only a mother could love.. and the body of a shaved sasquatch that gave up exercise 15 years ago lol..

View attachment 482694

I probably should stop... something of a pot calling the kettle black sorta thing...

Ive got the face only a mother could love.. and the body of a shaved sasquatch that gave up exercise 15 years ago lol..
Where did you find the picture of me before I got my dew claws removed? :LOL:

I use the term dark continent occasionally, its poetic and nostalgic to me, not racist. Dark obviously refers to skin tone of the region, big deal. To each his own I suppose lol
Definitely an interesting topic

Well Bwana Moja, you seem well able to sum up Africa from some visits and come up with amazingly condescending epiphets. How intelligent you must be. I have lived in Africa all my life, my parents have lived here all their lives, their parents came here in the 1800's, my kids are born here, and their kids too. I love Africa, we all have and do. I love all it's people, I have educated them, helped them build their homes, statred companies for them. And I love the history of this continent and my little place in it, just as Speke, Stanley, Lobengula and Rhodes and Shaka had their little place in it. Dark Continent was never racial, it referred to a place that was mysterious and unknown and still does. How dare you denigrate it. It refers to a time in history and it carries no negative connotation. Today Africa is an eclectic vibrant mix that comes from it's very history, it all has a bearing. So forgive me, but I find your lecturing rather shallow and nauseating. Interestingly you have hunted your fill - why did you come to Africa to do it, what drew you? Allow we who have nothing to atone for to continue our wanderings of this beautiful place and save your words for a cause in your own back yard.
well said Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warren03T

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross