Hello From An Artist In Idaho

lazzyfair

Reaction score
Media
watermark.php

Hello everyone

My name is Christopher Hunt. I've had a long standing love of Africa, and particularly African hunting stories since I was little, though I have yet to have the chance to fulfill my dream of hunting there.

I recently self published a comic book about hunting in Africa as a nod to my old love. I was fortunate to be able to pick the brains of some very knowledgeable hunters, as well as handle actual equipment thanks to the Gun Library at the Cabela's here in town. I posted a link up in the "Hunting Books, Hunting DVD's" thread here if you wanna take a peek.

So basically I'm more an artist than a hunter, but I'm SERIOUSLY hoping you don't hold it against me.

CH

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know much about art but Welcome to AH anyway. Do yourself a Safari it'll really give you something to draw about. Bob

That's the plan Bob! I started saving last year. Gonna be a bit though, not exactly rolling in the dough, but it will happen. And thanks for the welcome. I somehow lost several hours wandering through the forums today. So much information to absorb. Very glad to have found this site.

Last edited:
Welcome Lazzyfair!

I think most good hunters are artists in their own way so will defiantly not hold it against you LOL.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Welcome to AH lazzyfair! Thanks for sharing your work with us, I really liked the fact that you took upon yourself to self publish a comic book about hunting in Africa...

Thanks Jerome!

Hopefully I did some degree of justice to subject matter. I've always had a fascination with African hunting stories and I had never seen a comic version so I decided I would be the one to do it. Wish I would have found Africa Hunting while I was doing my research, would have made things a lot easier! Love the site btw, I've spent a great deal of time here these past two days since I signed up.

Welcome Lazzyfair,
We welcome all hunters into the fold, dosent matter how new or dedicated to the sport you are.

Do you do draw any pictures of african animals? You might rasie some cash here by selling some of your work.

I have done a few sketches Thunder Head, the only recent one that I did that I spent a deal of time on was a for a t-shirt for my friends.

watermark.php

The original image I drew it off of was an old cover of an Adventure Magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really nice sketch Christopher! Do you use a tablet to draw?

Sometimes I'll use a tablet, I mostly use it to "paint" with. For instance, in that first image I posted from the comic, that's an ink drawing I scanned into my computer, and then I used a tablet to add the grays and the tone to the image in Photoshop. Anymore, I'm pretty interested in doing as much as I can in one shot. Up until recently I wasn't too confident about placing patches of black in my drawings, so I would add that later using the computer. This is more what I'm about now.

5291782704_11062f3d52.jpg

Not a hunting image obviously, but it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about. That's an 11X17 ink drawing, and that's how it looks in real life, nothing changed on the computer. I think it looks a lot better with all that dark ink, than the computer "painted" stuff.

Attachments

• 5291782704_11062f3d52.jpeg
    5291782704_11062f3d52.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 110

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg