Hello All

I never met PHC but sure did enjoy all of his books. He is responsible for instilling the desire in many of us to go to Africa. I have encountered the "bashing" of PHC several times, usually by people that never met him. Ole Bally says he did and I take him at his word that PC was a BS artist. Regardless its also fashionable to paint him as such and its my opinion that much of it is professional jealousy, because PHC was quite successful with his writings and video series. It is known that he worked with and for some pretty big names in the industry and he was a licensed PH in more than one country. That should count for something. My 2 cents for whatever its worth.
 
PHC was a raconteur of note! He spent a lot of his time behind the bar at Rileys (Maun) listening to other PH's stories and a lot of them appear in his books if a little embellished....that's what hunting stories are...your own version of what happened - even if you weren't there sometimes!!! Hey it's OK to tell yr friends stories!
We have a funny saying here...if you haven't heard a rumour by 9am ...start one! :)
He was an excellent writer and I quite concur that he has fueled the fire in many to come to Africa (and hunt). I'm not here to bash the man at all but his names sake herein has put himself out there to be something he isn't - quite...not fully...ok maybe a little...we're still not sure...the jury's out! We await further evidence!! :)
 
You have made comments on other posts...like the Lion hunting one where you come across as a rather opinionated but ill informed young man.
You would do best to spend more time reading the posts and inquiring about things rather than making ill informed statements that get others hackles up unless of course that is your intention.
So, my young friend, try and blend in with the 'boys' and you may learn a thing or two!
kind regards

I'm not ill informed or a young man, I'm not looking to get anyone's hackles up at all but just tell it as I see it. It's clear that this is not a forum I am welcome on so once again I shall with you all the best and let you get back to your forum as you don't need me here clearly.

All the best to you and yours Sir.
 
Capstick,

Welcome to the forum. While it seems to be a little of a rocky start you, your knowledge, and your opinions are certainly welcomed on the forum. You made a pretty strong statement about lion hunting. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. At times I have been pretty contentious on this site and have had several spirited discussions about things that are important to me. One thing I always keep in mind is that the more opiniated or contentious my post are, so will the responses be.

This is a good site and more friendly than others. I would suggest you accept the posts by others and always voice your knowledge and opinions. As a group there are few things that we agree 100 percent.

By the way at 32 you are young man compared to some of the old farts on this forum.
 
There is always a hell of a difference between the covers of a book and the real sun in Africa.
 
PHC was a raconteur of note! He spent a lot of his time behind the bar at Rileys (Maun) listening to other PH's stories and a lot of them appear in his books if a little embellished....that's what hunting stories are...your own version of what happened - even if you weren't there sometimes!!! Hey it's OK to tell yr friends stories!
We have a funny saying here...if you haven't heard a rumour by 9am ...start one! :)
He was an excellent writer and I quite concur that he has fueled the fire in many to come to Africa (and hunt). I'm not here to bash the man at all but his names sake herein has put himself out there to be something he isn't - quite...not fully...ok maybe a little...we're still not sure...the jury's out! We await further evidence!! :)

Ole Bally here we have a saying we're Rumor Control we don't stop Rumors we start them.
 
Capstick,

Welcome to the forum. While it seems to be a little of a rocky start you, your knowledge, and your opinions are certainly welcomed on the forum. You made a pretty strong statement about lion hunting. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. At times I have been pretty contentious on this site and have had several spirited discussions about things that are important to me. One thing I always keep in mind is that the more opiniated or contentious my post are, so will the responses be.

This is a good site and more friendly than others. I would suggest you accept the posts by others and always voice your knowledge and opinions. As a group there are few things that we agree 100 percent.

By the way at 32 you are young man compared to some of the old farts on this forum.

Hey Mike speak for yourself I'm not an Old Fart I'm a Balding Grey Hair old Man who lays in bed all night Farting! Oh No I'm an Old Fart!!! he he Capstick take us with a grain of salt sometimes our humor is a little ruff but its all in fun, You are more then welcome on this forum. Again enjoy the site if you have any questions feel free to ask the ones that bit you in the butt today will be the ones that will give you there help in finding the answers that you need. Bob
 
Yeah stick around Cappy don't get so grumpy!! :) 99% of Hunters are strong willed people! There's no exceptions here!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,221
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top