Heading to RSA

TheRealHorskin

AH senior member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
76
Reaction score
343
Location
New Hampshire, USA
Media
18
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
SCI-Life, DSC:Northeast-Life
Hunted
NH, USA, EC, RSA
Depart on DL200 Sunday night. I cannot believe how quick time has flown by since booking my safari last August. Today it became really real when I received my trophy tags from SSI. Wyatt has been great to deal with this far. Now all I have to do is get some trophies. I get to ATL at around 5pm EST so if any one is there let’s grab a drink or bite to eat.
 
Best of luck! Where are you hunting and what’s on your wish list?
 
Have a great trip.

Who are you hunting with?
 
Best of luck! Where are you hunting and what’s on your wish list?
I am hunting Eastern Cape with @Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA. My menu is Zebra, Kudu, Black Wildebeest, Blue Wildebeest, and Impala. I’ll be hunting for 8 days and looking at weatherunderground it will be nice while I am there.
 
You'll find that in South Africa they call a fine rain or drizzle as I would call it "misting"

But it is still better than sitting at home wishing you were there.

You have a full list for 6 or perhaps 6 1/2 days of hunting.
 
I had that feeling and have been eyeballing potential additional trophies. Trying to stick within my budget and get the ones I liked the most first. I guess I will see what Africa gives me when I get there. There are a few I would add.
 
Warthog, steenbuck and Common duiker are not budget busters to consider. That area has good Mountain Reedbuck as well. Have a great trip, good list you have going.
 
I was thinking red hartebeest as a possibility maybe a gemsbok.
Bushbuck is one I really enjoyed hunting and worth considering but you've got 2 nice picks there. Good you are open minded and thinking about other options. Safe travels!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,382
Messages
1,574,653
Members
170,082
Latest member
taixiuonline18
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top