Has anyone got experience with browning bps slug guns

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Evening gents I was wondering if anyone had experience with a browning bps slug gun, there are rumours going round that Nova Scotia may become shotguns only and that is a perfectly valid excuse to buy a slug combo. I’m considering a bps in 20 because there ambidextrous but would also be open to hearing about other left handed offerings.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
It’s the old Ithaca patent. I owned one in .410 years ago. Not a great gun, not a terrible gun. I believe I gave it to my niece.

What a load of crap for Nova Scotia to go shotgun only. What problem do they think they are solving for?

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Apparently it’s due to build up in rural areas , there hasn’t been a public announcement yet but one of my good buddies is a warden and he let slip. There considering a shotgun season as well.

fourfive8

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
I had the regular shotgun version of the BPS. Fairly well finished, nice to look at, comfortable to shoot and had the bottom eject feature. However, didn't seem to have the durability it should have. Some internal parts wore more quickly than they should have and/or they may have been under engineered?? I got the gun new and had it a few years until it began to have issues due to the parts wear. That's been quite a few years ago, so unknown about the current production.

Wyatt Smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I use a BPS 12 gauge for deer but mine has a Hastings rifled barrel, not browning. It’s shoots as well as I can manage the recoil with Brenneke black magic slugs.(open sights)
I can’t speak for the durability I only shoot five or ten rounds a year.
I do long for an Ithica 37

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benhvienkhoa

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use [redacted] friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?