Guns to US

Dogone

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI. SCPO
I read a lot on here about the problems of guns to Africa. How bout some of you complain to your U S government about how difficult it is to enter the states with a gun. You can show up unannounced at the Canadian border and be through in 30 minutes or less.
A person has to have pre approval ,and allow at least two months to get it, to get firearms in to the states. Then you have the issue of hand loads. And even some made in states firearms are being prohibited entry. ie : stiller and defiance actions.
For a country that is supposedly firearm friendly it certainly is not. And Canada , which is supposedly not makes entry quite easy. AND : non residents can obtain the same licence as I have and buy long guns in Canada. Hypocrisy anyone?

I read a lot on here about the problems of guns to Africa. How bout some of you complain to your U S government about how difficult it is to enter the states with a gun. You can show up unannounced at the Canadian border and be through in 30 minutes or less.
A person has to have pre approval ,and allow at least two months to get it, to get firearms in to the states. Then you have the issue of hand loads. And even some made in states firearms are being prohibited entry. ie : stiller and defiance actions.
For a country that is supposedly firearm friendly it certainly is not. And Canada , which is supposedly not makes entry quite easy. AND : non residents can obtain the same licence as I have and buy long guns in Canada. Hypocrisy anyone?

Don’t know about being able to buy long arms on a Canadian visitor license. I was there a few months ago hunting. Pretty sure that my visitor license restricted me to just buying ammunition for my rifle.

Anyway, either country is pretty easy to get a hunting rifle into.

If you want complicated then try coming to Australia with a rifle.

Yes your visitor licence restricts you to buying ammunition. BUT. You could , and many non residents do, get a firearm acquisition certificate and buy long guns. .

I’ve been to Canada 6+ times and between the poachers, game warden harassment and rude border agents; I decided my money is better spent elsewhere.

However my friends who go up there waterfowl hunting often got so tired of being harassed that they paid an instructor to fly to DFW and teach them the coarse so they could get their PAL (possession and acquisition license) so they could do away with the hassle.

So yes if you take the 8 hour $140 course you can save yourself lots of headaches going into Canada.

What is the logic behind prohibiting Stiller and Defiance actioned rifles to enter? That is crazy.

What is the logic behind prohibiting Stiller and Defiance actioned rifles to enter? That is crazy.
I do not know. Ask your guys. But as recently as last summer a friend applied 5 times and was refused. There was always an issue with reloaded ammo or type of action. Like I said : much easier to come to Canada with a gun.

You have to come through our southern border if want easy access ;)

I am surprised it’s hard to get a hunting rifle into the country. However with Canada's continued infringement on gun ownership it’s kind of funny to complain about the US making it hard

As for getting into Canada, my one and only time entering my truck had everything taken out of it and dumped on the ground. My two bags were also dumped while I sat in their office for 2 hours. I then had to listen to a half hour lecture about not keeping ammo with the rifle. I had a standard cab truck with a open bed. The rifle was in a case behind the seat and it was unloaded.

JimP. Certainly a pain in the ass but you were allowed through with your gun. I show up the same to enter the states but I will be refused entry.
Tens of thousands of people enter Canada every year with no issue. My point is that entering he US is more difficult.
Can anyone explain how I can legally buy a firearm in the US as a Canadian citizen. I have already shown how you can buy one in Canada.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MerriPrieu

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.