Guide Gun range report

I'll throw my two cents in too, love my Ruger guide rifle in 375. Killed a beautiful Cape buffalo last week using 300 grain Swift A Frames. Gun handles like a dream in the bush. Agreed don't look pretty but hell who cares it's made to hunt not a display shelf.

View attachment 200748

Care to share your A-Frame load?

Care to share your A-Frame load?

The Swift manual has published loads for the 375 Ruger. It's a nice reference piece and I'd recommend obtaining a copy (not to mention that I'm a reloading manual addict...have almost all of them, several versions of some accumulated throughout the years).

The Swift manual has published loads for the 375 Ruger. It's a nice reference piece and I'd recommend obtaining a copy (not to mention that I'm a reloading manual addict...have almost all of them, several versions of some accumulated throughout the years).
Swift have very kindly helped me with some data, living in the UK means even some manuals aren't easily available.

P_20171005_151703_NT.jpg
P_20171005_151901_NT.jpg
P_20171004_132225_NT.jpg
Me and my Guide Gun were in Wyoming last week helping to keep some of the native species populations under control. She's a 30-06 and I was using 165 gr. bullets. Looks like I need a little help rotating the pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the critters we controlled.

Very nice indeed! How long have you been shooting your 06 with the suppressor? It looks good on your rifle.

Very nice indeed! How long have you been shooting your 06 with the suppressor? It looks good on your rifle.
This is my 3rd season with it. Yesterday I had it on my new 6.5 Creedmoor at the range, it makes it a real pleasure to shoot. Thanks!

Took the Guide Gun back to Wyoming this fall and it did very well. ukhunter used it to take his antelope and I used it to take my antelope and my mule deer. This year I switched from 165 gr. bullets to 150 gr. bullets, Hornady Interlocks were my choice of bullet and they performed with the deadly reliability that I have become accustomed to.
Tom 2019.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
2019 mule deer.jpg

Well done buddy, nice mulie. Congratulations

Thank you Johnny

Worked up loads in the .416 Guide gun with the 350TTX's and was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy and speed. I backed it down from max and am at 2545fps, which simply amazed me in a 20" barrel.

Worked up loads in the .416 Guide gun with the 350TTX's and was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy and speed. I backed it down from max and am at 2545fps, which simply amazed me in a 20" barrel.
What powder did you use to achieve that?

A anti tank gun? (n)

HWL

..thats a lot of punch...in a great gun

(y)

HWL

Topped with the Trijicon 1x6 and Alaska Arms QD mounts, I'm pretty happy with it. Easily a sub MOA shooter and the first MOA dot down is good at 300 yards. I'm pleasantly surprised with it.

20191112_202037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tack driver.
I have one in 300 win mag.
Vx-6hd 2-12x42 warne QD.
Cloverleaf sighted in 200 yards
Half inch group.
Was thinking about getting one in 416

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg