Guide Gun at the range

Let us know how it went Larry
 
Good to hear Larry!
 
Interesting. The gun shop in Tulsa where I took the rifle told me that they made sure the screws were tight! Maybe one wasn't and I just didn't know! Thanks for the suggestion.

Picked up the Guide Gun today. I must say, I am impressed. It's one hell of a rifle for $950.00 (amazing what the factories can turn out these days, given the cost).

The person I go to for FFL transfers is a gunsmith. I asked about torque on the action screws (stock bedding screws). He said to stay in the 20-30 in-lbs range. It seems a bit light for the angled screw up front, but what do I know? My expertise is all in old English guns, which are about as far removed as the Guide Gun as one can get.

Looking forward to some range time this weekend. Fingers crossed nothing gets in the way of the opportunity.

Link to Ruger Guide Gun Instruction Manual:
https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/_manuals/m77Hawkeye.pdf

Interesting and somewhat frustrating that Ruger can be specific with the torque on one screw (95 in-lbs) and then vague on the others ("snugly")

View attachment 149811

There is the reason not to trust "experts"

If smiths are changing things, but not tightening things up after then it may ecplain the cracking.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,357
Messages
1,574,072
Members
169,895
Latest member
PatriceWal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top