Good Summer Reads?

Matthias5662

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US, Canada, South Africa
I just finished Brian Herne’s book “White Hunters: The Golden Age of Safaris” last evening. I thoroughly enjoyed the timeline he presented and all the stories, anecdotes, and characters.

I would appreciate advice and suggestions for additional good reads for those times this summer at the end of the day when the heat wanes and one can relax and get lost in a good story.

I enjoyed, The Scramble For Africa, by T. Pakinham and The Lunatic Express by Miller. Their length is a bit intimidating but they read easily. They gave me a better sense of African history after focusing on reading so many hunting books

I'll put in my usual plug for Wilbur Smith. Just finished reading "Monsoon" and as always it was a fun, adventurous read. But every time I read one of his books, the next one up is always a let down...this time it's "Whiteout" by Ken Follett. Wilbur is the Man!

I recently finished "Blood and Treasure: Daniel Boone and the Fight for America's First Frontier", enjoyed this book very much (written by Bob Drury and Tom Clavin), a good read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you