Good Gun Deals This Week

Yea my 300 ultra at 6lbs is quite lively. I like lite guns. Have many under 6 and 4:5lb 308. This is before they get scoped but go as lite as I can there also.
I carry a rifle a lot more than shooting it so I am with you, the lighter the better. My Kimber .308 weighs 5lbs 14oz scoped and my Kimber .375H&H weighs 7lbs 11oz scoped.

I don't buy the light people ride with the recoil and heavy people absorb it- Two things: don't let the gun get a headstart at you and be relaxed to the push. If the gun is tight against your shoulder and your muscles are relaxed the tip is much more enjoyable regardless as to your weight.

And a third thing- keep your mind occupied with something else, such as focusing on the front sight blade or watching the muzzle to follow the bullet to the target or watching the animal for bullet impact- whatever, just don't be focused on "this is going to hurt".

I carry a rifle a lot more than shooting it so I am with you, the lighter the better. My Kimber .308 weighs 5lbs 14oz scoped and my Kimber .375H&H weighs 7lbs 11oz scoped.
Sounds just rite.

I don't buy the light people ride with the recoil and heavy people absorb it- Two things: don't let the gun get a headstart at you and be relaxed to the push. If the gun is tight against your shoulder and your muscles are relaxed the tip is much more enjoyable regardless as to your weight.
Ok.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.18.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.18.42 AM.png
    976 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.18.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.18.43 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.18.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.18.45 AM.png
    718 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.18.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.18.48 AM.png
    547.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.19.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.19.00 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.19.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.19.01 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.19.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.19.03 AM.png
    830.2 KB · Views: 50
Kinda strange they’res only a $50 difference between the starting bid and “buy now” on the CZ? Seller looks legit though.

I must admit, when I read that earlier I winced and pushed the laptop away from me in disgust for a moment. I’m a giant coward, I hate recoil. A 6lb 338 sounds to me like handling an 11lb .577NE. Not fun.
I shot one back when I was shooting a lot of big stuff, it wasn’t, bad but it was offhand and it weighted more than 11lbs.

And a third thing- keep your mind occupied with something else, such as focusing on the front sight blade or watching the muzzle to follow the bullet to the target or watching the animal for bullet impact- whatever, just don't be focused on "this is going to hurt".

Good advice, but much more difficult to put in practice! ;)

You're going to love what I got me for Christmas. I don't try to buy the nicest Christmas gift for myself each year, but I almost always do.

I secured the Blaser. Seller had other barrels and accessories too, a couple of which I am really excited about. Gobbled them all up. Yum yum yum.

Thank you for posting, wouldn't have seen this otherwise. Merry Christmas!

You're going to love what I got me for Christmas. I don't try to buy the nicest Christmas gift for myself each year, but I almost always do.

I secured the Blaser. Seller had other barrels and accessories too, a couple of which I am really excited about. Gobbled them all up. Yum yum yum.

And a real deal!

Nice! No problem! Merry Christmas to you as well!

Reactions: RTG
I do have lots of floater in my eyes
Glad I’m not the only one dealing with this… eye doc says it’s totally normal, but man they’re annoying.

Congratulations!

That’s a great looking set of R8. Even though I already have R8s, I was quite tempted with this one.

Enjoy the beautiful rifle and have a blessed Christmas.

Reactions: RTG
I think how you are built makes a big difference. Lite people move with recoil big people don’t we absorb the energy.
I like @Tanks video showing how to roll with the recoil versus fighting it…helped me big time shooting my 500 DR500 NE

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 2.27.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 2.27.11 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 2.27.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 2.27.12 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 2.27.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 2.27.14 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 51

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross