Good books?

I've been working on a work of fiction for the last few years. Takes place in Africa in the early 1900s. Stay tuned. I'll notify you all hear when I publish on Amazon/KDP
+ I adore reading everything about Africa, wild Africa. So, I'll keep an eye on the news. As for the topic, my favorites are White Hunters - by Brian Herne and Don't Be Afraid of Death - by Mark Sullivan.
 
+ I adore reading everything about Africa, wild Africa. So, I'll keep an eye on the news. As for the topic, my favorites are White Hunters - by Brian Herne and Don't Be Afraid of Death - by Mark Sullivan.
I can't quite settle on a favorite; I read everything in sight, like a "bookworm", devouring one book after another.
 
Some slightly older literature.

F.C. Selous:
- A hunter's wanderings in Africa, being a narrative of nine years spent...
- Travel and Adventure in South-East Africa: Being the Narrative of the Last Eleven Years...
- Sport & Travel East and West
- Recent Hunting Trips in British North America

C.H. Stigand:
- To Abyssinia through an unknown land: an account of a journey ...
- Hunting the elephant in Africa: and other recollections ...
James Sutherland:
- The Adventures Of An Elephant Hunter
William Finaughty:
- The recollections of William Finaughty - elephant hunter

Roualeyn Gordon-Cumming:
- Five years of a hunter's life in the far interior of South Africa
William Cornwallis Harris:
- The wild sports in southern Africa
 
Any of the classic authors Capstick, Roosevelt. Hemingway, Bell, Ruark, are good reading. One by Peter Barrett is a personal favorite.

Newer books by Kevin Thomas, Kevin Robertson (look in addition to and beyond the perfect shot book!) Walt Prothero, Buzz Charltons book was a fun read.

Craig Boddington for the beginning africa hunters. I really liked Donald Donarski’s book which was a useful primer before my first trip.
Been meaning to jump into Sue Tidwell’s book when I finish the Cabelas book which is surprisingly good.

That’s off top of my head, there are libraries more to explore, lots of book reviews on this site as well
 
+ I adore reading everything about Africa, wild Africa. So, I'll keep an eye on the new reviews about books, this resource gradesfixer.com/conclusion-generator/ also does it very well. As for the topic, my favorites are White Hunters - by Brian Herne and Don't Be Afraid of Death - by Mark Sullivan.
I have indeed analyzed my acquisitions, and I'll share what I bought in print after reading in electronic format. Perhaps this is my top list:
  1. "Out of Africa" by Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen)​
  2. "The Man-Eaters of Tsavo" by John Henry Patterson​
  3. "Long Walk to Freedom" by Nelson Mandela​
  4. "The Elephant Whisperer" by Lawrence Anthony with Graham Spence​
  5. "Cry, the Beloved Country" by Alan Paton​
  6. "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" by Alexander McCall Smith​
So, I recommend these for reading.
 

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
70,387
Messages
1,574,790
Members
170,170
Latest member
MalcolmFab
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top