Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
If it’s Appendix 2, all you need is a CITES export permit from the exporting country, and hunting trophy as the reason.

In my experience, you will have no trouble getting the forms and bringing the trophies back. I once had a form filled out wrong and the nice people in Ottawa helped me to get it filled out properly. And never had any grief from Customs or Environment in bring back things like elephant tusks or leopard or lion bits.

This applies to Canada - which is what you asked. US is often different because of the ESA.

Enjoy the hunt!

Bert the Turtle

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
You are fortunate you are in Canada.

African lion is appendix 2. Try getting an import permit to the US for one of those.

The US follows its own path when it comes to these matters. Only thing for sure is the listing isn’t going to make it easier to import.

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
Just remember that Cities is the #1 most powerful anti hunting organization in the world, just ahead of US Fish & Wildlife.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Just remember that Cities is the #1 most powerful anti hunting organization in the world, just ahead of US Fish & Wildlife.
Dont EVEN get me started on FWS! :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhtuanland

Latest profile posts

Rick HOlbert wrote on NTH's profile.
NTH, Just found your message. I hunt with Eland Pro Safaris in Namibia. Wide selection of game and great folks. Hell my PH and his family ARE adopted family, LOL! I book people to hunt with them and should you be interested I'd be happy to meet and discuss a trip. Anyway all the best to you and give me a shout sometime. Bye for now.
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg
Global Rescue - Worldwide Emergency Evacuation & Field Rescue, Anytime Anywhere

global-rescue.jpg
Special 10% Off On Taxidermy For AfricaHunting Members 2021

taxidermy-in-texas.jpg