Getting ready for my first trip

Pack lite.

When are you heading over? Are you going with a group or family? Just hunting or planning on doing a tour also? Taking your own firearm or are you renting?

If you have been reading this forum you should be good to go.
 
Hello SafariDawg,

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I look forward to reading your hunt report.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Pack lite.

When are you heading over? Are you going with a group or family? Just hunting or planning on doing a tour also? Taking your own firearm or are you renting?

If you have been reading this forum you should be good to go.
We are going next month. I am taking my own firearm. It’s a family trip with lots of hunting and some side excursions for some members of our party. We are definitely packing light.
 
Welcome to the forum. Limpopo is a great place to hunt.
 
:S Welcome:
 
Keep your mind open to other animals. A Red Hartebeest was not on my list when I went over for the first time this past June. When an SCI Gold Medal Red Hartebeest presented himself, my plans changed!
 
Enjoy the process. Don’t get hung up on getting every animal you want. And don’t pass up animals you hadn’t thought of that they urge you to shoot.

It’s good to have a reason to go back
 
Good day! Welcome to AH! I'm sure you'll have an Unforgettable experience!
Best regards
Johan
 
Who is your outfitter?
 
Welcome to AH! Great that you’re coming to South Africa! I hope your trip is amazing!
Best regards
Marius
 
Welcome aboard! Best of luck!
 
welcome and ask lots of questions, and don't forget your 4457 form and SAPS permit
 
Enjoy your safari! Best of luck.
 
Good luck

Bring plenty of ammo
Practice shooting off sticks
Pack light
 
Keep your mind open to other animals. A Red Hartebeest was not on my list when I went over for the first time this past June. When an SCI Gold Medal Red Hartebeest presented himself, my plans changed!
100%, a couple of extra trophy fees may be cheaper than more overseas plane tickets to pick up something you may regret not shooting.

Sit back and enjoy!
 
Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site. Congratulations on your first African trip. Please write a hunting report on your return.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,796
Members
169,415
Latest member
ilvigarhamp1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top