Geco Plus vs Norma Vulkan Bullets

Fallschirmjaeger

AH senior member
Joined
May 3, 2021
Messages
92
Reaction score
221
These two bullets seem very similar with the exception of price. Has anyone ever used both and are there major differences in their performance (both accuracy and on game)? Caliber used will be 9.3x62 but comparison information from any caliber would be of interest. I've heard it said on this forum that Norma makes the 9.3x62 brass for Geco, but I haven't heard that anywhere else. But it got me thinking...same brass, very similar bullet....hmm.
 
These two bullets seem very similar with the exception of price. Has anyone ever used both and are there major differences in their performance (both accuracy and on game)? Caliber used will be 9.3x62 but comparison information from any caliber would be of interest. I've heard it said on this forum that Norma makes the 9.3x62 brass for Geco, but I haven't heard that anywhere else. But it got me thinking...same brass, very similar bullet....hmm.
Just used this Vulcan in 235 grain 9.3 x 62 on Leopard and it performed exceptionally well, can not comment on the other.
 
I used the same bullet on whitetail this fall and it was DRT. I just wondered if this was a cheap alternative...
 
The Norma Vulcan appears to be the Norma PPC with a fancier name so … thirty plus years old, with no bad press that I am aware of.
 
GECO Plus is a bonded lead core/jacket bullet. I have not used them, but suggest you compare it to the Norma Oryx, which is also bonded and likely performs similarly. The Oryx is one of my favourite bullets. Very reliable and accurate too!
The norma Vulcan is a good reliable quick opening bullet, which fragments and delivers high shock effect. A somewhat different philosophy was used in its design, so I doubt that it is directly comparable to the Plus.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,266
Messages
1,571,037
Members
169,247
Latest member
JacobPumph
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top