From the shooting range

Wow 4 different 30 caliber rifles. You consider those big bores don't you? Lol
 
Sounds like a fun day at the range
Yes Mark. Various optical sights, from the highest quality to questionable quality. Poorly installed mounts and screws. On three rifles I had to remove and reinstall the optics because I couldn't adjust them.
 
Took my .416 Rigby out to play last Friday.

Shooting paper at 100m, using 4Stable-Sticks to rest the rifle on. A 1-4x24 Schmidt and Bender scope on top.

Shot 3 was definitely my fault, anticipating recoil. Shots 1,2,4 could be mostly covered by a 2€ coin. So I would say a 1” group or less.

IMG_4105.jpeg
 
Took my .416 Rigby out to play last Friday.

Shooting paper at 100m, using 4Stable-Sticks to rest the rifle on. A 1-4x24 Schmidt and Bender scope on top.

Shot 3 was definitely my fault, anticipating recoil. Shots 1,2,4 could be mostly covered by a 2€ coin. So I would say a 1” group or less.

View attachment 786819
Nice shooting
 
Took my .416 Rigby out to play last Friday.

Shooting paper at 100m, using 4Stable-Sticks to rest the rifle on. A 1-4x24 Schmidt and Bender scope on top.

Shot 3 was definitely my fault, anticipating recoil. Shots 1,2,4 could be mostly covered by a 2€ coin. So I would say a 1” group or less.

View attachment 786819
Good shooting!!! Like a bench :)
 
I did a little practice on my range yesterday…


IMG_4733.jpeg


IMG_4738.jpeg

More fun and better practice than trying to shoot tight, little 3-shot groups.
 
IMG_9659.jpeg


This is my personal range at my hunting land after a fresh mowing.

It currently goes out to 250 yards in 50 yard increments. I have a little tree cutting to do to get it to 300 yards.

After I decide what load I want to use for a particular rifle and at what range to zero it for, it’s very easy to put a target at each location and establish my point of impact for each distance. Then I put a label on the scope that shows the hold overs for a given yardage.

Arguably, that’s splitting hairs from 100-300 yards.

John
 
We had a Big Game Rifle Club shoot on the weekend.

I guess 'Big Game' can be relative, and a few goats fell in the rook rifle event. :ROFLMAO:

The little BSA Martini in .310 Greener held it's own, putting some chevon on the table.

Some seemed to be favouring spine shots. ;)

IMG_6595.jpg


The .275 got a run in the 'Classic Light Nitro' event.

The .375 Holland took on the Pop Up Lion.

The .450 BPE even managed a podium finish in the 'Black Powder Stopper' event.

A great day out.
 
No chance for me in Belgium to do that. I can already be happy that there is a gun range that allows me to shoot .416Rigby

I did run a BASA style rifle course with my .500NE thanks to @Frederik

Just found the video again of @Frederik ’s BASA style shooting exercises:

 
You have to move one click to the left :):):):):)
Common..

You cant impress me!

You dont know what is one click value on his turret.

;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,419
Messages
1,575,634
Members
170,367
Latest member
NellRobled
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top