From the shooting range

I heard some people shoot moa and submoa, but I dont know where these moa and submoa live.

I just go on a range, and shoot old fashion from stick and off hand, trying to hit that vital area on the target to keep in shape for my next hunt.
IMG_20260717_094219_resized_20260719_084734754.jpg
 
I heard some people shoot moa and submoa, but I dont know where these moa and submoa live.

I just go on a range, and shoot old fashion from stick and off hand, trying to hit that vital area on the target to keep in shape for my next hunt.
View attachment 778008
Come on Mark, you're a pro. You are the president of the Longe range organization in Croatia. And now I have to believe you that you shoot 100m targets :)
 
Come on Mark, you're a pro. You are the president of the Longe range organization in Croatia. And now I have to believe you that you shoot 100m targets :)

Correction.... secretary..... not president.

And I wish I am a pro, so I could get paid for what I do!

Yup, before the hunt, I spend copious amount of ammo, on sticks. at 50 (22lr), 100, 200 meters (center fire rifles)

Submoa and moa do not impress me from bench.
But vital zone size group, from standing position does.

1784444947690.jpeg
 
Make sure your neighbor doesn't accidentally walk in that fog :)
 
Correction.... secretary..... not president.

And I wish I am a pro, so I could get paid for what I do!

Yup, before the hunt, I spend copious amount of ammo, on sticks. at 50 (22lr), 100, 200 meters (center fire rifles)

Submoa and moa do not impress me from bench.
But vital zone size group, from standing position does.

View attachment 778010

Agreed. The bench is for developing loads and checking zero. Field positions are used for practice/skill development.
 
I like the bench the most. It's my obsession. Of course, I also practice other shooting positions. Let's say that my least favorite is shooting from a stick.
 
You don't even need to go to the hunting grounds, the animals will come to you :)
Is this a U/O rifle?
Yes, that rifle is my Beretta Silver Sable O/U 9.3x74R. Another photo of my range, with the 300M gongs in the background. I had to wait for the moose and mule deer to clear out before I shot at the gongs that winter afternoon.

IMG_3366.jpeg
 
Fiocchi 147grs FMJs
Bought plenty of them at a very nice price
And Nova Grom in the green box
 
OK two more, a bunch of mule deer walking past a coyote I shot just 100M to the E side of my shooting range. Coyote is laying in front of the small buck.
IMG_3439.jpeg


And a whitetial buck I passed up last fall while hunting mule deer just 300M behind where my gongs are hanging. I'm fortunate to be able to hunt on my own land and have a place where I can shoot targets whenever I want.

IMG_2202.jpeg
 
Finally found something my Tikka 223 stainless (LH) likes! 55gr Hornady V-Max seems to be its favorite which is good as I hadn't had much luck elsewhere. Run it suppressed and its a beautiful thing to shoot.

Took it out for some 100/200 situational off the sticks practice (get up and on, find target, load a round, safety, take the shot and repeat, or vary with a follow up) and found that I'm in an acceptable range (~1-2 inch at 100, 2-3.5 inch at 200) still after a few months off, but could use some additional practice sessions before I leave. So poor me, will be off to the range again a couple of times this week.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,845
Members
169,435
Latest member
hanthanhvien
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top