Free Range Nyala Hunt Lake Safaris

Being a new member could someone shed some light on why there seems to be a lot of trophy fee's for nyala that are less than what the offer here is? is it the quality or the free range side of it?
this isn't meant to offend at all i'm just trying to learn what to look for

Good question. @James.Grage can answer in more detail, but I would say both amazing quality and true free range. And, I would argue that it is less than most fenced hunts. Figure day fees at $400 and that is $2k plus a $1700 trophy fee. That's a great deal!

Don't know that it is still available though, but something similar might be.

This is truly a great offer! I still want to go.......

Being a new member could someone shed some light on why there seems to be a lot of trophy fee's for nyala that are less than what the offer here is? is it the quality or the free range side of it?
this isn't meant to offend at all i'm just trying to learn what to look for

MVogel...
The trophy quality for the area that Trevor Lake hunts on is very good. You will see many different Nyala in a day. I think the most bulls that we spotted was about 15. With 6 being shooters. We did see a few that we never saw again as they moved into the bush and just disappeared.

The Safari being offered and Cost wise, i asked Trevor to come up with a Nyala package to be offered on AH and the posted offering is what he came up with.
I do think that trevor's normal Nyala trophy fee is $1,950. and package was put together to get 2 hunters to book a safari at the same time.

Trevor, and James,
Just joined specifically for this hunt. I am interested in hunting Nyala, June, July of 2016. I have hunted them a couple of times but did not find what I was looking for. Please contact me to discuss.

Hi Shan

Welcome to AH..

I will send a message to Trevor today to contact you.

I am traveling to various trap-shoots lately and i am not on the internet or AH. I do not take my computer with me these days...while traveling..

PM sent

Last edited:
Very nice..... Where about in KZN is the Nyala camp

Very nice..... Where about in KZN is the Nyala camp

You will have to PM Trevor for your request.

I would not be able to find it.

@James.Grage ...Do you know if a similar package will be offered for 2016. I would be interested in partnering with another AH member if any are interested.

Thanks!

Hi Bivy,

I will check with Trevor, and get back to you.

I will send you a PM with Trevor's contact info, i do not book hunts for him.

We are friends and stay in touch...I think he is on a leopard hunt right now.

great looking nyala's.

upload_2015-10-29_9-13-20.png

Trevor sent me this picture in an e mail with the above Nyala taken at his Rree-Range camp this year. When he has his paperwork caught up he will be on line.

Hey, Trevor do you have any nyala hunts or 2016?

Hey, Trevor do you have any nyala hunts or 2016?

Hi enysse, I sent Trevor an e mail asking him to respond...

I will be away for a few weeks, so hopefully he will respond timely.

Thanks James, he got a hold of me.

Those are great Nyala. I'll take the top one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkreaper17

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois