Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Eastern Cape, SA; KY, OH, IN, WI, AL, KS, ND, TX-USA
Working in northeast Ohio this week, and ended up having a project delay, so me and a work mate with similar interests ran through a few shops today looking for reloading supplies and factory ammo. Based on a visit to this same region in March, more stuff is becoming available. I picked up 2 lbs of Varget ($40/lb) and 2 lbs of H4350 ($45/lb, considered that a little bit, but first I've seen in a long time, I know where my spare per diem money is going). Primers at the Varget store were $7 per 100, the following store had most any primers you can imagine, but at $12 per 100. None bought! Rimfire ammo, where found, was pricey, although I did see 17Mach 2 ammo for under $9/50 (Hornady) which is not bad. .22 Long Rifle is still ridiculous in cost, at close to $10/50.

The days of the $10 brick of LR is long gone I fear.
Primers were $15 per 100 the other day at my LGS, needless to say I didnt buy any at that rip off price.

Dang I’d just like to find some primers locally. For what that’s worth I haven’t seen primers anywhere I’ve been here in Texas. 12/100 would be a blessing if I could just find some.

Saw some CCI BR4 small rifle at Scheels the other day, I think at $7 per 100. Luckily I had bought a bunch last summer at $35/1000 and have enough for my own needs.

A few weeks ago, my brother in law, who works at Cabelas, was able to get me 1k of Federal 215 Magnum rifle primers for $70. I felt robbed, but it is what it is now?

A few weeks ago, my brother in law, who works at Cabelas, was able to get me 1k of Federal 215 Magnum rifle primers for $70. I felt robbed, but it is what it is now?
@CoElkHunter
Mate knowing you like I do even If'n ya got them for free you would feel robbed.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

I am happy to see things coming in stock. The match I shot in March, the Federal repersative said they would be releasing small quantities of primers. He admitted it would not be the amount everyone was hoping for. That schedule was not talked about. He said that are backed up for 2 years filling ammunition orders. 70.00 might seem high now, no telling what it could be in the next year or two.

@CoElkHunter
Mate knowing you like I do even If'n ya got them for free you would feel robbed.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob
Ha! Ha! Ha! Yep, I may be the thriftiest (cheapest) SOB on here! And I did feel robbed because a few weeks earlier, he told me he could get them for $50!

Was at an Academy on the North side of Houston last Friday and scored 1500 CCI LR primers at 7 bucks per hundred. The days of 35-37.50 per 1000 are history I’m afraid.

Was at an Academy on the North side of Houston last Friday and scored 1500 CCI LR primers at 7 bucks per hundred. The days of 35-37.50 per 1000 are history I’m afraid.
Oh, it’ll come back somewhat eventually (I hope). When the dust cleared after Obama, primers went from $20 to $30 per thousand, and stayed there for the most part until this current fiasco. Keep the faith brother!

I just bought 2000 of Remington 9-1/2 primers at my local gun store at the USD equivalent of $3.80 / 100. Not everywhere is quite as desperate for components as is seems the USA is right now. But that shortage and inflation will filter up north eventually I presume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.