For Sale Cape Buffalo Bull Shoulder Cape

Enlighten me here, please. This buff was taken over three years ago, and was salted at the time and apparently remains so. Is this cape still viable after this much time without having been tanned or mounted somehow??
Assuming it has been kept dry, free of any re-hydration, mold, and insect damage . . . YES. It should still tan up quite OK. I've had a number of capes that were salted and dried for anywhere from 8 to 11 years and tanned up beautifully.

Even as a hide for leather it has value. Have it tanned and snuffed. Then have a lot of products made from it.

I did that and had a lot of items made. I had African industries in Texas snuff my Buffalo leather. It was tanned in Africa
then they made the products

Even as a hide for leather it has value. Have it tanned and snuffed. Then have a lot of products made from it.

I did that and had a lot of items made. I had African industries in Texas snuff my Buffalo leather. It was tanned in Africa
then they made the products
I have a back skin as well - that’s a good idea

It has been kept bone dry. If someone gets this cape and it doesn’t tan as expected I would refund the purchase price without question.
Will you ship?

Will you ship?
I will - I would ask you to cover the shipping cost though. I can get a quote from FedEx or ups and let you know the cost. If you would like me to check on it then please PM me your address (I may still have it)

Well, I hope you at least “kept” the “skull”. :). Tip your waitress and bartender. :)

Seriously, looks like a great cape. The fact that it was a bit soft obviously has no bearing on its use for another’s horns. For what it’s worth (nothing), I would have killed it too if only look at it was from behind. Great bull.

Well, I hope you at least “kept” the “skull”. :). Tip your waitress and bartender. :)

Seriously, looks like a great cape. The fact that it was a bit soft obviously has no bearing on its use for another’s horns. For what it’s worth (nothing), I would have killed it too if only look at it was from behind. Great bull.
It was a touch over 47”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superlativewatches

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.