Flight cost help..

longbowofMT

AH member
Joined
Oct 6, 2012
Messages
15
Reaction score
3
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
Traditonal Bowhunters of Montana and Compton Tradiotaonal Bowhunters
Looking at traveling to South Africa in December and what is the best way to reduce costs of flight over there. I noticed that before the 11th of December its is less than 2000 and after more than 2200+.. Any advice would help...
 
Have you tried a travel agent? They can usually get lower rates than you or I.
 
Hi longbow

I quess the first Question is have you ever booked flights for yourself going anywhere before if so that makes it easier you have a basic understanding of how it works. I have always booked my own flights here in the states on my first trip to Africa I used a booking agent and the ticket cost me over 2200 each I booked the next 2 thru Cheapoair and the ticket costed less then 1600 each the trick is when you leave and when you return as well as time of year of course. Try booking your flight leaving in the middle of the week and returning in the middle of the week avoid Fri-Mon if possible those are the higher rate days I always save a few hundred bucks that way. Bob
 
Hi Longbow, Seasons run on Low from roughly December 20 - to May 20 with small differences between them, I have seen flights as low as $975 excl. tax After May 20 it hits peak to August 20 when it drops down again.

Debbie Trinidad helps me allot Custom Travel

I know Lori is also on here sure one or both of them good give you some advice....

My best always.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,835
Members
169,624
Latest member
hp66social1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top