Flight cost help..

longbowofMT

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Traditonal Bowhunters of Montana and Compton Tradiotaonal Bowhunters
Looking at traveling to South Africa in December and what is the best way to reduce costs of flight over there. I noticed that before the 11th of December its is less than 2000 and after more than 2200+.. Any advice would help...

Have you tried a travel agent? They can usually get lower rates than you or I.

Hi longbow

I quess the first Question is have you ever booked flights for yourself going anywhere before if so that makes it easier you have a basic understanding of how it works. I have always booked my own flights here in the states on my first trip to Africa I used a booking agent and the ticket cost me over 2200 each I booked the next 2 thru Cheapoair and the ticket costed less then 1600 each the trick is when you leave and when you return as well as time of year of course. Try booking your flight leaving in the middle of the week and returning in the middle of the week avoid Fri-Mon if possible those are the higher rate days I always save a few hundred bucks that way. Bob

Hi Longbow, Seasons run on Low from roughly December 20 - to May 20 with small differences between them, I have seen flights as low as $975 excl. tax After May 20 it hits peak to August 20 when it drops down again.

Debbie Trinidad helps me allot Custom Travel

I know Lori is also on here sure one or both of them good give you some advice....

My best always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!