Fled the Hurricane

Hey guys. Asking all members to say a prayer for the folks of SE Texas. My family and I are safe, so far. A lot of others are not. We are having biblical rains. The devistation is unreal and it's a long way from being over.

Reactions: BWH
Boy Houston has taken a lot the last few years. Praying for all you guys down there.

Got back to Corpus last night. Very minor damage and certainly very grateful. Power just got restored 3 hours ago. We were spared by 30 miles !!!
Darin- Lowell's house is still standing. Not sure of any damage at this point. It pancaked a lot of stuff for sure.
Let me know if I can serve or support in any way. Still in Houston taking care of my Papa. Stay safe.

dt

Hey guys. Asking all members to say a prayer for the folks of SE Texas. My family and I are safe, so far. A lot of others are not. We are having biblical rains. The devistation is unreal and it's a long way from being over.

In Laws are in Victoria.... they evacuated to Austin. Friends in CC, Rockport, Houston, etc..... it's a real shit show for sure. Count your blessings & pray for others.

Yeah it has gone from crap to double crap ! My parents and sister stayed in Victoria. Power still out with no hope in sight. My apartment in Houston is safe but I'm staying put until everything settles down.
I'm going into Rockport tomorrow to check on a few friends and drop off my left over hurricane supplies.
BWH- as with any insurance, premiums are based on amount covered. I have around 13ok of coverage for $800 per year. Each animal has its own taxidermy and hunt cost coverage. It's covers almost any damage including terrorism. It sure gave me some piece of mind as I was bugging out. I mainly worry about fire and of course we always have a potential for storm damage where I live although that is a relatively small risk over the course of say fifty years. We were just due here.

That's good intel.... I'm an insurance guy.... there are products out there with AIG, Chartis, etc.... which I bet are the same. Just offered thru a specialized out let (SCI & their vendor).

My homeowners agent, who is a hunter himself, told me they had no way to determine the value i was looking for when I initially contacted him;therefore, they couldn't do an extra coverage rider. After I got this policy I showed my agent the itemized list for each animal and he was able to get me a quote but it was a 30% higher premium than my current policy so I'll be staying with that.

Yeah.... Specialty & niche products/markets are typically great. However, the devils in the details. Regardless of the price. I am curious on how it works. I did a cursory view of the website. The trophy fee is typically just one component of a hunt. There is a lot of other expenses too. The travel, taxidermy, shipping, etc. I would bet they don't just stroke you a check & say have a nice life.

Glad it worked out for you and your all ok. Hope it gets better soon for all the people in texas dealing with this storm.

One of the issues that's frustrating is protection for firearms. They have safes that are fireproof but unfortunately, they don't make safes that are waterproof. Regardless as to how well a safe is constructed, water will seep into a safe. The only thing you can do is move your firearms to high ground.

The sun is shining in northwest Harris County!

Nice..........

Yeah.... Specialty & niche products/markets are typically great. However, the devils in the details. Regardless of the price. I am curious on how it works. I did a cursory view of the website. The trophy fee is typically just one component of a hunt. There is a lot of other expenses too. The travel, taxidermy, shipping, etc. I would bet they don't just stroke you a check & say have a nice life.

The price per animal covers taxidermy and replacement hunt based on the set amortized schedule for each animal. Based on my comparison, some were a little low and some higher than I could get it for now. I guess it all works out in the wash.
You are right, it doesn't cover transportation and associated costs with another hunt, but a lot better than what my normal homer owner insurance would give me. BWH- I'm no insurance expert by any means but I didn't see anything in the exclusions that gave me great pause. I'd be more than willing to forward you my policy if you wanted to look it over. Maybe you'd see something in there I should be worried about or address with the agent.

Reactions: BWH
The sun is shining in northwest Harris County!

Nice..........
They just came on the news talking about another system developing in the southern gulf. Conditions are right to develop stronger. Great. They are sure it will develop into "Jose".

The price per animal covers taxidermy and replacement hunt based on the set amortized schedule for each animal. Based on my comparison, some were a little low and some higher than I could get it for now. I guess it all works out in the wash.
You are right, it doesn't cover transportation and associated costs with another hunt, but a lot better than what my normal homer owner insurance would give me. BWH- I'm no insurance expert by any means but I didn't see anything in the exclusions that gave me great pause. I'd be more than willing to forward you my policy if you wanted to look it over. Maybe you'd see something in there I should be worried about or address with the agent.

I'd love to see it. It would be great comfort in purchasing for myself & recommending or not to others. Thx!

They just came on the news talking about another system developing in the southern gulf. Conditions are right to develop stronger. Great. They are sure it will develop into "Jose".

I was going to make a wise crack about a wall....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.