Flannel Shirts For Sale

Heavyload

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
Selling 3 new flannels. Never worn. $90 shipped
The flannels say 2x on the tag. I just bought these, took the tags off and washed and dried them. So let’s just say they are preshrunk XL’s now. I was pissed. Red Head, Taylor, and Orvis.
All three are thicker heavyweight flannels. I wear my flannels over another shirt, these are a little tight for me in the shoulder area now.

1-B9-C4370-3626-434-C-99-F9-FE840287-E128.jpg
2659-B97-D-4538-4-F08-A96-E-CA2-A9-D898122.jpg
5103-F982-295-D-411-B-8643-2-F6-AC1-C16376.jpg
F383-F5-B9-99-C0-4-C0-F-8-D0-A-FB9-AEF141-BD4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Selling 3 new flannels. Never worn. $90 shipped
The flannels say 2x on the tag. I just bought these, took the tags off and washed and dried them. So let’s just say they are preshrunk XL’s now. I was pissed. Red Head, Taylor, and Orvis.
All three are thicker heavyweight flannels. I wear my flannels over another shirt, these are a little tight for me in the shoulder area now.

View attachment 378862View attachment 378863View attachment 378864View attachment 378865
Try washing again then just hang dry,putting them in dryer makes them shrink

Learned these (expensive) lessons a bunch of years ago:

when buying flannel shirts or 100% cotton always buy 2 sizes larger to allow for shrinkage.

When buying 100% wool; Dry Clean Only! If you wash wool in cold water and leave to air dry, wool may still shrink or deform. Wash wool in hot or warm water and give to your 2 year old to wear for a couple of years.

Wool blends can be safely washed in cold or warm water, drying blends in a dryer on low heat is ok, very little or unnoticeable shrinkage.

You didn't specify so I'll ask, Are this shirts in big and tall or regular size?

I can wear big and tall XL, sleeves on regular XL are usually too short.

Goodwill?

When buying 100% wool; Dry Clean Only! If you wash wool in cold water and leave to air dry, wool may still shrink or deform. Wash wool in hot or warm water and give to your 2 year old to wear for a couple of years.

Yep, I had a very nice cashmere sweater that I had bought in England. Ex-wife really liked it and washed and dried it. It went from large to size small, just right for her.

Should have divorced her then instead of years later.

I can wear big and tall XL, sleeves on regular XL are usually too short
One of the flannels are 2xl tall the other two are 2xl.
The sleeve length is 27” from the bottom of the arm pit to the end of the sleeve

That's a good buy, but at 5'11" 175 lb I'd have to grow a few inches and put on about 25 pounds and my growing was done several years ago. But I was under the impression that there were several guys that would qualify as XL or XXL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piggytapPhillipp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek