Fishing Cairns area

autofire

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
323
Reaction score
479
Media
5
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
1
Hunted
Namibia(3), RSA-Limpopo (1), East Cape (2), Botswana(4)
I'm planning trip to Austrailia in October, including Cairns-Great Barrier Reef. Big game fishing my passion before I discovered DG and PG hunting in Africa.
Been "gamed" several times by internet salesmen re hunting and fishing.
I now only book via personal reference.
Anyone able to provide recommendation for Cairns/nearby for both offshore pelagic and near shore/inshore fishing?

Thank you
Bob
 
Sorry can’t remember who I fished with out of Cairns as I was mainly diving; if your in Cairns try “Prawn Star” it’s a floating restaurant in the Marina if only to see the giant grouper that lives around the boat feeding in prawn heads that get tossed over.
 
Sorry can’t remember who I fished with out of Cairns as I was mainly diving; if your in Cairns try “Prawn Star” it’s a floating restaurant in the Marina if only to see the giant grouper that lives around the boat feeding in prawn heads that get tossed over.
Thank you
 
Captain Dan Mcarthy Moanna II I caught 5 granders in 2 TRips 2 in one day and lost a World Rocord Black it was a Double at the Boat
Thank you!
 
I've booked 7 days with Capt Dan. The same days as Lizard Island Black Marlin Classic. TranPacific flights booked.
Once in a lifetime Opportunity and adventure!

Thank you again for your help.
Bob
 
I'm planning trip to Austrailia in October, including Cairns-Great Barrier Reef. Big game fishing my passion before I discovered DG and PG hunting in Africa.
Been "gamed" several times by internet salesmen re hunting and fishing.
I now only book via personal reference.
Anyone able to provide recommendation for Cairns/nearby for both offshore pelagic and near shore/inshore fishing?

Thank you
Bob
Mv Norseman up in Port Douglas is a well-run outfit. Could be worth a look.

 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,571,096
Members
169,105
Latest member
CyrusBarri
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top