First time reloader

Cocktail

New member
Joined
Mar 25, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
8
Greetings from Finland!

Have had my reloading equipment since 2011 without reloading one single bullet
Recently purchased my first double rifle, a browning erice 9,3x74r and gave reloading a new chance. 18,5g PPU bullets, Sako brass and VV n140powder. Quite pleased with the grouping on 50m will continue with lapua mega when
img_5115-jpeg.769525
my Ppu stock run out
img_5112-jpeg.769526
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5115.jpeg
    IMG_5115.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_5112.jpeg
    IMG_5112.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 251
Oh the proverbial rabbit hole that is reloading. I’ve been at it since I got into it in 2011 about the same time as you bought your setup. I’ve loaded thousands of rounds of ammo. Lots of .223 rem, .308 win, .300 win mag, 7-08ai, 6.5 creed, .243 win, .22-250 rem, .350 legend, .30-06. Probably some others I can’t remember.

Good luck on your journey through reloading. My best advice is take your time, be patient, learn something new (I’m still learning new things all the time), and most of all be safe.
 
Need advice! Bought lapua mega bullets to be sure to have good quality ammo for the season. Reloaded the same Sako brass, the same n140 weight-54grs and the same weight of the bullet-285grs

Shot at 80m, ppu held an inch and mega held 5 inches…. The only difference is factory new vs reloaded brass and different manufacturer of the bullet

What should I do, increase powder? Vihtavuori states min 53,2grs and max 58,3grs

Or accept that my rifle likes ppu better?
 
You've found a great hobby and supplement to you shooting. be

I've been reloading since 1968 or so and I've found it to be perfect for getting odd and old caliber rifles to the range and into the field.
 
Need advice! Bought lapua mega bullets to be sure to have good quality ammo for the season. Reloaded the same Sako brass, the same n140 weight-54grs and the same weight of the bullet-285grs

Shot at 80m, ppu held an inch and mega held 5 inches…. The only difference is factory new vs reloaded brass and different manufacturer of the bullet

What should I do, increase powder? Vihtavuori states min 53,2grs and max 58,3grs

Or accept that my rifle likes ppu better?
First of all congratulations, it’s rewarding to load your own ammo isn’t it?

Secondly as for the difference in accuracy between PPU and the Mega bullets. Try a 3rd brand of bullet, sometimes rifles simply do not like certain bullets.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,341
Messages
1,573,354
Members
169,741
Latest member
RainaCisne
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top