First Double Rifle

Congrats buddy!! She looks a fine rifle. I have bolt action 375 H&H by Francotte. They sure know how to make a fine rifle. Enjoy her and practice as much as you can. Have fun on your buff hunt bro.
 
Good to know. Thank you.
 
Normally color case hardening is not my cup of tea…However this rifle changed my mind; it’s all around beautiful lock, stock & barrel.
 
I've seen that rifle. It needs a modest amount of improvements before its ready for a regulating load to be developed.

Get it to JJ peridoux. Have some tungsten installed blindly inside the forend. Have a mercury reducer put into the butt. Get a 1-1/4" NECG orange pad installed.

It will then be a reasonable length gun that will be about 10.75 to 11.25 pounds.

THEN build your load. The load you need is an IMR3031 load with Woodleigh traditional solids and softpoints.

NEVER, ever, shoot a monometal solid through the gun. Don't waste your time regulating a load before you change the weight of the weapon.
 
I've seen that rifle. It needs a modest amount of improvements before its ready for a regulating load to be developed.

Get it to JJ peridoux. Have some tungsten installed blindly inside the forend. Have a mercury reducer put into the butt. Get a 1-1/4" NECG orange pad installed.

It will then be a reasonable length gun that will be about 10.75 to 11.25 pounds.

THEN build your load. The load you need is an IMR3031 load with Woodleigh traditional solids and softpoints.

NEVER, ever, shoot a monometal solid through the gun. Don't waste your time regulating a load before you change the weight of the weapon.

Good advice. Still waiting to hear from JJ. The LOP is actually good for me so I don’t want l want to add length. Sending a PM.
 
Good advice. Still waiting to hear from JJ. The LOP is actually good for me so I don’t want l want to add length. Sending a PM.

Then just put a standard length NECG orange pad on it. It won't look ugly anymore and the recoil reduction will improve. Both good things for reasonable money.
 
Then just put a standard length NECG orange pad on it. It won't look ugly anymore and the recoil reduction will improve. Both good things for reasonable money.
Why would you insult someone like that?
 
Why would you insult someone like that?

Because the guy that bought it asked me what to do to it. I gave this quite a bit of thought as I “ran the math” about buying the gun myself. The gun needs a bit of love to bring it to its potential. An orange pad that looks like a silvers but isn’t will both make the gun look aesthetically more pleasing while taming some of the recoil.

The reason the gun took so long to sell was primarily due to horrific recoil. (Underweight) I wrote the buyer explaining how to cure both the weight and the recoil for modest money. Making the girl prettier in the process is a bonus.
 
JJ Perodeau is another. He does everything for my DRs
 
I've seen that rifle. It needs a modest amount of improvements before its ready for a regulating load to be developed.

Get it to JJ peridoux. Have some tungsten installed blindly inside the forend. Have a mercury reducer put into the butt. Get a 1-1/4" NECG orange pad installed.

It will then be a reasonable length gun that will be about 10.75 to 11.25 pounds.

THEN build your load. The load you need is an IMR3031 load with Woodleigh traditional solids and softpoints.

NEVER, ever, shoot a monometal solid through the gun. Don't waste your time regulating a load before you change the weight of the weapon.
Having my first DR in this caliber underweight as well I highly recommend doing what Rookhawk recommends.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,375
Messages
1,574,487
Members
170,050
Latest member
MoisesElms
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top