Field of View

C.R.

Reaction score
Would somebody be willing to provide the approximate field of view at 10 yards for one of the leupold 1.5-5x variable scopes at low power (1.5x)? Ideally a VX3i, but I imagine all the models would have a similar FOV.

Thank you,
C.R.

Maybe invest in a set of quick detachable rings, so you can remove your scope for shot at such close range.

I have a Leupold VX3 1.5x5 on my 375 Ruger, but I am currently in Houston and the rifle is not. I recently purchased a Swarovski 1.5x6 and I do have that scope on hand. I stood 10 yards from my front door and looked through the scope with it on 1.5x. FOV was roughly 5 ft.

Attachments

• Screenshot (263).png
    Screenshot (263).png
    160.1 KB · Views: 102
feet, not yards. 66.5 feet at 100 yards.

The OP asked for FOV at 10 yards, or it's a typo and he meant 100 yards. He now has both.

Yep, my mistake. It's feet not yards. I'd divide by 10 for the FOV @ 10, 6.6 feet or do I have that backwards?

Last edited:
so you can remove your scope for shot at such close range.
If you have the time?
My solution is a Trijicon AccuPoint illuminated reticle. at low power you can easily shoot with both eyes open. Give yourself all the field of view nature gave you.

I have a Leupold VX-3i 1.5-5x20 on my 375 and FOV at low power at 10 yards is right about 5 feet 6 inches.
I really like this scope but rarely take it off 5x.
For inside 50 yards I take it off with QD rings and shoot open sights.

Thank you for the responses.

yes, 10 yards is the distance i was curious about. I was looking through my leupolds in 2-7x (which i believe is actually a 2.5x on the lowest setting) and a 2.5-8x and best i can tell it's around 2-1/2' FOV at 10 yards. I was curious about the 1.5x as i have one on order to go on a .416 Rem Mag. That's quite a bit of difference in FOV.

Thank you again.

Just curious here, but you didn't mention exactly why the 10 yard information was important to you.
Are you are thinking of using the 416 for DG hunting?
I suggest you strike up a conversation with any one of the several members who have hunted DG and ask their opinion about scope choice.
Not to mention the fact that there are several threads out there covering this topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois