FFL search help

desertloper

AH veteran
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
138
Reaction score
10
Media
38
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
RSA
Dealers,
I'm trying to order a Winch M70 Safari Express in .375 H&H, but my local FFL says he can't locate one.

I'm not 100% sure on the process-but just thought I'd see if anyone on here also had access to different Wholesalers who might have one. And then give me that info to give to my dealer.

I'm not sure how many "suppliers" FFLs have to draw from (not sure how hard they're looking)

Thx
 
You should try looking at the various auctions sites. Gunbroker is about the best, but then there is AuctionArms and GunsAmerica and Guns International, all dot com. Going thru the local FFL guy is sometimes even more expensive too. I buy what I want on the sites and have them shipped to my FFL guy for pickup and NICS etc.
 
Gunbrokers has a searchable list of FFL's ready to help out.
 
I just glanced at Guns America and they have at least 3 new. Buds Guns had 1 new and it was the cheapest of the ones I saw. Those are the only two sites I checked. Good Luck
 
AKMike and Sest beat me to it. I use Gunbroker more than any other online auction.
 
Like Sestoppelman said....buy it on the internet and have it shipped to your FFL. Most internet sites will have a list of local FFLs in your area they may charge less than your guy. In my area they range from $10-75 to do your paperwork.
 
This is where I got mine: CDNN Sports, Inc.

While they don't advertise their guns on their website, give them a call they carry rifles.
 
I've purchased retail before and transferred to an FFL. For this gun I want to go through a specific dealer local to me-but he is saying that his Wholesale Distributors are out of stock on this rifle.

I was hoping someone on this forum would have an FFL and be able to prove/disprove the availability at the Wholesale level- I do t know if there is 1 WD or of there are hundreds that deal firearms to dealers.
 
It's not prove or disprove. It's like cars, if I am a chevy dealer and I use certain distributers and they don't have a ford whatever, then I can't get it. To get the ford, I'd have to register with the distributer that carries them.
Gunbroker (et al) are popular because they have multiple sources to get the new guns, most are working out of very small shops with little or no inventory. I know of 3 around here htat are working out of thier cars or houses; no real shop.
Your dealer is telling the truth HIS distributor is out of stock, ask him to order it for you or sk if he'll accept a transfer from an internet sale.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,326
Messages
1,572,982
Members
169,676
Latest member
Jeffreymorrise
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top