Favorite Drink?

Regarding Rye, if you haven’t tried Templeton (from Iowa), I recommend it to those who enjoy a neat whiskey now and then.
Templeton is delicious, and I didn't know that they opened an Iowa distillery. I thought they were still using MGP. Good for them!

Sadly there aren't many distilleries in the US that make rye. Most ryes in the US are made in the same distillery in Lawrenceburg, IN.

Marula moonshine???? You have my attention

View attachment 440950
Reminds me of the witblits I picked up for a friend when I did a road trip after a hunt in the East Cape. He wanted Ungandan Waragi but Unganda isn't exactly close to South Africa. So he got Witblits. I got the whiskey and brandy I picked up from Boplaas.
Screenshot_20211211-055010_Chrome.jpg

Velo Dog, try Glen Grant some time, no peat, no smoke. The whiskys fit on a sort of taste matrix with light and fruity in the bottom left corner and heavy smoke and peat in the top right. Glen Grant is in the bottom left, Lagavulin is at the top right. Glenfiddich is around the middle. It is fascinating how a particular house manages to keep so consistent a flavour for their product.

Thanks Kevin,

I have not heard of Glen Grant.
Sounds like a good one.
If I can find a bottle here in Alaska, I will try a wee drop.
As for Glenfiddich, I like it, as with all Scotches, “on the rocks”.

Ya, those Scots sure do know how to brew proper ales and distill same into some very fine whiskeys.
(Must be their Viking roots, LoL).

Slanggavaar,
Velo Dragonship.

Regarding Rye, if you haven’t tried Templeton (from Iowa), I recommend it to those who enjoy a neat whiskey now and then.

I do like rye, thanks for the recommendation.

Templeton is delicious, and I didn't know that they opened an Iowa distillery. I thought they were still using MGP. Good for them!

Sadly there aren't many distilleries in the US that make rye. Most ryes in the US are made in the same distillery in Lawrenceburg, IN.

You got me wondering so, I jogged down to my basement and read the label.
And, you are correct on where Templeton Rye is distilled, it is Indiana.
However, it is bottled in Templeton Iowa.
The story of this excellent product is connected to the infamous Gangster, Alfonse Capone.

Evidently, he liked Templeton Rye Whiskey so much that he made the residents of that town an offer they couldn’t refuse.
They agreed to sell their product to only him and Templeton Rye evidently was a mainstay of Capone’s multi-million dollar bootlegging empire.

(Thank you mister Trivia ! Hahahaha…..ha).

Last edited by a moderator:
And, you are correct on where Templeton Rye is distilled, it is Indiana.
However, it is bottled in Templeton Iowa.
Apparently it was one of the Indiana ryes, but Templeton built a new distillery in Iowa in 2018. So now it's actually made in Iowa. The bottles from the new IA plant will apparently hit shelves in 2022 for the first time!

This is another of my favorites. A craft distiller in Americus, GA. Check it out if you can find it:

Apparently it was one of the Indiana ryes, but Templeton built a new distillery in Iowa in 2018. So now it's actually made in Iowa. The bottles from the new IA plant will apparently hit shelves in 2022 for the first time!

This is another of my favorites. A craft distiller in Americus, GA. Check it out if you can find it:

Sounds like at least one industry has not been bankrupted by all this Covid hysteria.

Last edited by a moderator:
For fall and winter, a Jack Rose is good.

any good bourbon or scotch on ice with a splash of water is what i prefer.

i can tell you, velo dog's safari bar has a great selection of....just about anything!!!

my favorite place to swap tall tales and enjoy adult beverages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,