factory 200gr 30-06

Pheroze

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
5,574
Reaction score
9,977
Location
Ontario
Media
100
Articles
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
6
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
currently experimenting with the heavier offerings. Got 220gr but I like the look of the 200gr ballistics. Federal loads a bear claw but I can't find it where I live. Tried the usual places online with no luck. Federal is too busy to respond to an email. Ugh.

anyone know where to find a factory loaded 200gr round for the '06 in Ontario Canada ( or anywhere in Canada for that matter)? Thanks.
 
I saw some Lapua Mega 200 grains on sale from Midway. But I'm sure that doesn't help you
 
looks like a great round. Also comes in 185gr?? Cool. Sadly, I am pretty sure midway does not ship to the great white north.
 
Too heavy of a bullet for the powder capacity of the 30-06 to get reliably expansion at longer ranges.
 
I am thinking it is plenty to 250 yards?
 
For sure it's fine too 300 yds.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,942
Members
169,056
Latest member
dowsphalmytu1983
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top