AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
DALLAS - During the recent 2017 DSC Convention and Expo, members of DSC and DSC Foundation (DSCF) met with government officials from Namibia to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The agreement formalizes the existing relationship between the parties. Both share a common concern for the future of Namibian wildlife as well as the desire for cooperation in the field of wildlife conservation.

DSC Executive Director Ben Carter and DSCF President Richard Cheatham met with Minister Pohamba Shifeta and three representatives from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism of the Republic of Namibia (MET). As part of the MoU, each party will seek to promote Namibia's conservation hunting program, anti-poaching activities in national and state lands, to visit and exchange research and non-proprietary information, and to collaborate with continuing education and other training programs - all to promote conservation and wildlife.

"This signed agreement strengthens and advances the relationship between DSC, DSCF and MET to help Namibia continue to be a leader in wildlife and habitat conservation," said Cheatham. "It will also increase DSC and DSCF's support of existing programs that work so well and will allow the parties to develop and implement innovative programs that will address the ever-evolving conditions and conservation challenges faced in sub-Saharan Africa."

Namibia has gained a favorable reputation for its sustainable-use practices and outstanding efforts in areas of wildlife management, conservation, and protection. At the IUCN World Congress in Honolulu this past summer, Namibia's work was highlighted and hailed as an example to be followed by the rest of the world.

The MET recognizes DSC as a leader among conservation organizations who shares Namibia's commitment to wildlife, wild places, sustainable use and financially supports projects that directly benefit wildlife and local communities. Through collaboration and concerted conservation efforts, these groups are emerging as leaders on the forefront of wildlife conservation.

Source: Dallas Safari Club (DSC)

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
The more I learn about Namibia the more impressed I am with the country. Incredible how they have taken their (relatively) recent independence and have created a peaceful society who are an example to the world when it comes to conservation.

Well done of the DSC for taking this step.

dory

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Zealand . Namibia .
Another tick for Namibia and its people .
Will done DSC .

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Thanks you for sharing!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Thanks for sharing!

siml

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZIMBABWE, MOZAMBIQUE, ENGLAND, U.S.A
Namibia is a dynamic country. Take a look at Botswana and Namibia, common factor low populations, good education, people willing to actually work for their money low corruption. Population roughly 1.2 and 1.8 million people, SA 60 MILLION, and we got no idea how many illegal immigrants.

I am glad that DSC have rewarded Namibia for their efforts.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Lovely place to visit and hunt. I hope to return one day soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claribel64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh