Doubles vs pigs in Mississippi

I grew up killing every snake I saw with my Daisy Pump BB gun. We used to walk a couple of creeks looking for snakes to shoot and any rattler that we found out in the open soon became dead meat. . With a BB gun you need to focus on the head to get a one shot kill.
After I graduated to a .22 it became a bit more serious, but still fun. Shotguns were effective, but took some of the challenge out. As usual, when a teenager, I graduated to a .22 revolver and very few escaped. Good times!

Cottonmouths are Gnarly.

I came across this damn thing .. I was frozen! .. literally scared stiff.
african-rain-spider.jpg

Last edited:
@WAB
in Australia ALL snakes are protected and not allowed to be shot and we have some mean SOBs and the top most venomous in the world.
What's got a hundred balls and fucks snakes.
A 12 bore shotgun.
Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob
A 12ga will solve a LOT of problems!
Bob, what’s the reason for protecting deadly snakes?

A

Almost every animal native to Australia is classified a protected species.
@425SCHADE
Not to me they ain't. Under a section of the act If'n you is indigenous and only using it for family needs it's fine.
Bob

Every poison snake and politician on this planet, should be placed in the same pit, with the door welded shut.

Every poison snake and politician on this planet, should be placed in the same pit, with the door welded shut.
@Velo Dog
I'd be worried the snakes getting swamped in bullshit before they get a chance to bite. You can't be that cruel to snakes.
The difference between a politician and a bucket of shit is the bucket.
Bob

The smile on your face in the first pic has hogs and double rifle all over it!

Cajunchefray,

We gave these away but they seemed fat and healthy. I’ve had many processed over the years and all have been good. I’d be happy to take you hunting but this group vanished! Ive been flying over several times daily and walked it 2 more times with no luck. The club has ~800 acres and it’s tucked into panther swamp federal refuge. Overall the numbers are way down. Around 2008 the USDA based a helicopter with shooters at the county airport and they have certainly done a good job! There’s also a government trapping program that is very effective. The good ole days of hog hunting have been gone for several years but I always manage to find them on occasion.
Mississippian, thanks for your response. Interesting that the Mississippi Wildlife Department, is using helicopters with hunters to eliminate the hogs. Good that the hogs have moved off your lease. I'm going around SE of Poplarville in couple of months to help a friend eradicate some.

Mississippian, thanks for your response. Interesting that the Mississippi Wildlife Department, is using helicopters with hunters to eliminate the hogs. Good that the hogs have moved off your lease. I'm going around SE of Poplarville in couple of months to help a friend eradicate some.
It’s a USDA effort. According to the crew Louisiana has a dedicated helicopter as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossBuck

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.