Double rifle brass

Rem700stw

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
USA, Canada, RSA
My 2020 safari to South Africa has been canceled by Delta Airlines so I now have some time on my hands. I would like to know the opinions of members regarding brass for reloading 450-400 3 inch and 470 nitro. I am relatively new to the double rifle game but have handloaded for over 40 years.

What brass is best? How good is Hornady? How good is Bertram? Norma I am very familiar with. Any load suggestions for Woodleigh softs and hydros would be most appreciated as well.

Thank you.

I prefer Hornady over Bertram as they are more consistent ito case volume and weight, but to be honest, in a double it is not that important.

In the .450-400 a 400gr Woodleigh at 2100-2150 should do the trick in front of a Fed215 and 75-76gr of H4350 or 80-82gr of H4831. As long as it regulates well I wouldn’t chase more velocity.

Most answers to loading for the doubles are in these two books.
IMG_9554.JPG

Another good option in my opinion is Jamison Brass, if you can get it. I load the 500 NE and seem to get good consistency with this brass.

I’ve had good luck with WR Ammunition brass it’s made for Krieghoff in Petershagen, Germany

Jamison might have gone under?
their brass had a good reputation.
bruce.

You might check the Kreighoff web site; they occasionally have once fired brass, if you’re interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!