Doha Airport

Glad to here it @Edster. Best of luck with remaining travels and safari!

Who has the current email address to send your documents to for the firearms transit permit thru Doha. The email address I had used last year for both planned trips no longer works. I've tried calling the customer service numbers and can't get a straight answer and also via the Preferred Customer account Contact message center. Been a week with two follow ups and no response.
Did you find this information? I still need it!

Guys just got back sitting in Philly waiting for my last flight to get home. Make sure you carry copies of 4457, and outfitter invite with you they will be asking for it at check in counter. If you are using a travel agent they will make the appropriate notification that you are traveling with fire arms. Just got finished talking with a ticket rep here in Philly. She had to deny a passenger because the airline was not notified.

@Edster I have sent my documents by email notifying that I am traveling with firearms and got an auto response but have heard nothing back from Qatar. Even tried to call to inform them but can’t get through. Should I consider I’m goof to go and just be sure that I have copies of all documents?

Qatar always sent me a reply about a month before departure and customer service has always been great when I called. Strange that you can’t get through but these are strange times for travel.

We are flying through Doha April 2nd. Have like 8 hours and looking at options for some horizontal sleep that isn’t at Hilton prices for a few hours. Saw that Doha has “sleep n fly” which was intriguing since don’t have to leave airport.

Anyone ever used sleep n fly? Other option I may be missing?
Dale
Thanks so much everyone! I just got a reply back from both Qatar and Travel Express that I have submitted all needed documentation needed for my rifle. I would not have known if not for you. Thanks!!! This is what makes us great!!!

Thanks so much everyone! I just got a reply back from both Qatar and Travel Express that I have submitted all needed documentation needed for my rifle. I would not have known if not for you. Thanks!!! This is what makes us great!!!
Also I see on Qatar I can go ahead and buy a lounge pass given I am not traveling business class but it does not tell me which ones are open and there are several each with their own purchase. Thoughts?

Trying to get my ducks in a row for when Delta cancelles my 7/15 direct Joeberg flight. And don't want to pester Lori at Travel express, just yet.

On the Qatar business class tickets there are two price levels, Comfort and Elite.
Anyone know what the differences are?

I’m not positive on this. I am booked comfort. I think it has to do only with miles earned and refundable prices If cancelled. But not positive.
Lori or Jennifer can answer for sure. Jennifer is handling my bookings.

Mark is correct. I had this same question and found this article. It seemed to explain things pretty well. The biggest difference is if you find a classic ticket tier for that flight, then that one comes with no lounge access or seat selection until at check in. I was seeing the classic tier a while back but it was not offered on our flight we booked in June so we just booked at the comfort level.

Mark is correct. I had this same question and found this article. It seemed to explain things pretty well. The biggest difference is if you find a classic ticket tier for that flight, then that one comes with no lounge access or seat selection until at check in. I was seeing the classic tier a while back but it was not offered on our flight we booked in June so we just booked at the comfort level.

My flight out of Houston in August doesn't seem to have this "classic" option either. I already have seats (that single row window on an Airbus is great), and the price was still pretty darn good for international business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemjhon405

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber