Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, USA: NY, PA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, TX, AZ, MT, WY, AK
We are flying through Doha April 2nd. Have like 8 hours and looking at options for some horizontal sleep that isn’t at Hilton prices for a few hours. Saw that Doha has “sleep n fly” which was intriguing since don’t have to leave airport.

Anyone ever used sleep n fly? Other option I may be missing?
Dale

Thanks for asking that question as it appears that many of us will be in the same boat sometime in the next few months.
RH

Not sure about “sleep n fly”. I do know that you can purchase a pass to the Qatar Business Lounge. It has a room full of day beds, that is quiet, and you can use your flight sleep mask in to catch some sleep. You can use the alarm clock on your phone as they do not come in and announce flights leaving as they do in other areas of the lounge. They also have bars, buffet, smoking lounge, business center, plenty of comfortable seating, as well as clean, private bathrooms and shower facilities. Much cheaper than a day room at the in security airport hotel.

Sleep n Fly isnt a horrible option, but is really only cheaper than the Oryx Hotel (about $250 a night) if you plan on staying in the Sleep n Fly for just a few hours or if you are traveling alone..

I think 2 hours in a "cabin" (small room) in Doha is about $150 for 2 hours? and a pod is something like $99 for 2 hours?

Last edited:
We are flying through Doha April 2nd. Have like 8 hours and looking at options for some horizontal sleep that isn’t at Hilton prices for a few hours. Saw that Doha has “sleep n fly” which was intriguing since don’t have to leave airport.

Anyone ever used sleep n fly? Other option I may be missing?
Dale
I was there in September. My travel agent got a lounge pass. Has food/drink, showers, couches, wifi, etc. $60 I think. They have a hotel but it was $300 for me so I said no. I think the lounge (and maybe dinner in the airport along with shopping would be fine for that time. You usually sleep pre arrival too. Try to upgrade to business, full vertical seat in your own cube so you can sleep.

I was there in September. My travel agent got a lounge pass. Has food/drink, showers, couches, wifi, etc. $60 I think. They have a hotel but it was $300 for me so I said no. I think the lounge (and maybe dinner in the airport along with shopping would be fine for that time. You usually sleep pre arrival too. Try to upgrade to business, full vertical seat in your own cube so you can sleep.
Horizontal - that vertical thing is a hard nap. :A Too Cool:

Who has the current email address to send your documents to for the firearms transit permit thru Doha. The email address I had used last year for both planned trips no longer works. I've tried calling the customer service numbers and can't get a straight answer and also via the Preferred Customer account Contact message center. Been a week with two follow ups and no response.

I did a quote for the sleep n fly and it’s $175 for 7 hours which isn’t bad. I do know when booked business was waaay outside our price range otherwise that would be ideal. At least 6 or so hours laying flat in the pod would be chance for real sleep. Our flight from Doha is like 2am so it’s a shatty layover.

mom not flying guns so unfortunately I’m unable to help you with that

I did a quote for the sleep n fly and it’s $175 for 7 hours which isn’t bad. I do know when booked business was waaay outside our price range otherwise that would be ideal. At least 6 or so hours laying flat in the pod would be chance for real sleep. Our flight from Doha is like 2am so it’s a shatty layover.

mom not flying guns so unfortunately I’m unable to help you with that
It was high when I booked but I upgraded at airport, $1200 each way. Worth it for me as I'm 6'4".

Yeah I get that completely but wasn’t something we budgeted for you could say. For wife and I that’s another $4800 for the trip and my safari was $3500. Maybe next time around at a different spots in our careers. Also next time hopefully covid won’t dictate the Doha route

Yeah I get that completely but wasn’t something we budgeted for you could say. For wife and I that’s another $4800 for the trip and my safari was $3500. Maybe next time around at a different spots in our careers. Also next time hopefully covid won’t dictate the Doha route
It's a chunk of change no doubt.

If I was flying coach on this route I would definitely get a room at the airside hotel. It looks really nice and sleep and a shower would be well worth the cost.
If I was flying business I would have to decide between the lounge and the hotel.

If I was flying coach on this route I would definitely get a room at the airside hotel. It looks really nice and sleep and a shower would be well worth the cost.
If I was flying business I would have to decide between the lounge and the hotel.
I showered in the lounge, rolled the dice, lol. It's about 130 degrees there so a shower is nice after a long flight.

Would we have to grab our bags if go hotel route? Can’t figure from website but can we just walk straight there through airport?

Would we have to grab our bags if go hotel route? Can’t figure from website but can we just walk straight there through airport?
It is airside so inside security. Your bags stay in transit so you just go to the hotel.

Who has the current email address to send your documents to for the firearms transit permit thru Doha. The email address I had used last year for both planned trips no longer works. I've tried calling the customer service numbers and can't get a straight answer and also via the Preferred Customer account Contact message center. Been a week with two follow ups and no response.
pfcdoh@qatarairways.com.qa. This is the email provided by Amanda at Limcroma. I did get a automated response, so at least I know they received it.

Thanks Justhunt!
This past weekend I got a reply back from the airport security office. They gave me that one and three more. I shotgunned my docs to all four in the same email. None bounced back and like you I got an auto response back from the one you posted.
Last year, 2020, per QR customer service via phone and email, I had a different email address. Just sent them copies of my PP, e-ticket, 4457 and Invitation/Motivation ltr. Sent the same to these above.

Guess we'll see...leave in 2-weeks for Bots via Doha.

Thanks Justhunt!
This past weekend I got a reply back from the airport security office. They gave me that one and three more. I shotgunned my docs to all four in the same email. None bounced back and like you I got an auto response back from the one you posted.
Last year, 2020, per QR customer service via phone and email, I had a different email address. Just sent them copies of my PP, e-ticket, 4457 and Invitation/Motivation ltr. Sent the same to these above.

Guess we'll see...leave in 2-weeks for Bots via Doha.
Question---did you book tickets yourself or go thru agent? According to Lori all she needed was number of rifles and weight of ammo.

I also booked through Lori @TRAVEL EXPRESS and that is also what she said. Then I received the email from Amanda at Limcroma about 4457, passport, letter of invitation. So I sent that also. Just trying to cover all bases. Should ask Lori about it, but have not yet. Figured it couldn't hurt. Leaving April 16.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg