Dog Beds

Ravensview

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Member of
SCI,DSC, DU
Hello,
I am looking for recommendations for Dog beds, my pups are getting older and are in need of new beds, I am looking for some sources that sell good dog beds, I was looking at Orvis but the ones we priced out were over 700.00, which is a little steep for my pocketbook (even though the pups are worth it), when I say pups they are 10 and 9 years old.

ORVIS IS QUALITY. ALSO LOOK AT k9ballistics.com and kuranda.com FOR OTHER OPTIONS DEPENDING ON THE DOGS NEEDS.

Mine have take over my king size bed. No help here
IMG_0678.jpeg
IMG_0730.jpeg

Last edited:
We've got a 12 year old German Shepherd, 4 year old Lab, and a 6 year old mixed breed mutt... They go through beds like fat kids go through cake... I honestly gave up buying "nice" (expensive) beds for them a couple of years ago... It didnt matter if I bought them a $19 bed from Walmart, or a $199 "Orthopedic" bed from a pet store... in 90 days it was either shredded, or so beat up it no longer had any real integrity left in it..

We've resorted to buying Ruff Chew beds... Costco sells them for about $40.. I can get about 8-12 months out of them and have to replace them.. but thats better than $199 every 90 days... and theyre reasonably comfortable, spacious enough for the big dogs (the mutt is small), etc...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 9.12.55 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 9.12.55 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Ye, mine sleep on our queen size as well for nightly scratches and belly pets, but they do go to their beds as well 2 adults and 2 80# dogs gets snug, it’s nice when the temps fall below zero but gets hot in the summer

We've got a 12 year old German Shepherd, 4 year old Lab, and a 6 year old mixed breed mutt... They go through beds like fat kids go through cake... I honestly gave up buying "nice" (expensive) beds for them a couple of years ago... It didnt matter if I bought them a $19 bed from Walmart, or a $199 "Orthopedic" bed from a pet store... in 90 days it was either shredded, or so beat up it no longer had any real integrity left in it..

We've resorted to buying Ruff Chew beds... Costco sells them for about $40.. I can get about 8-12 months out of them and have to replace them.. but thats better than $199 every 90 days... and theyre reasonably comfortable, spacious enough for the big dogs (the mutt is small), etc...

Love the description

California King with a pillow top lol seriously though, as my dog got older, he started seeking out the absolute softest and most plush spot he could find. He hated the memory foam I got him, favoring the couch with pillows and stuff. Good luck on your search, it sucks when they start getting older.

California King with a pillow top lol seriously though, as my dog got older, he started seeking out the absolute softest and most plush spot he could find. He hated the memory foam I got him, favoring the couch with pillows and stuff. Good luck on your search, it sucks when they start getting older.
Ye, it is always bittersweet, as they age, The memories, comfort and love that they have provided are priceless, but the pain I feel having to help them in the truck, or the look in thier eyes when you grab the shotgun and head out without them hurts, you know their hearts are there but their bodies just can’t endure, I find Myself shortening my bird hunts and spend more time enjoying my dogs at their pace.

I started this thread looking for dog beds, now I want a good cigar, a bourbon and to contemplate life

Kong brand dog mattress at PetSmart or PetCo. Only dog bed my Great Dane couldn't destroy. Zippered cover made of ballistic nylon that you can remove from the foam form and wash in washer/dryer.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Pillow! For dogs;)

Pillow and cover are machine washable and dryable.

20230730_190631.jpg

I use a memory foam mattress that's 4" thick and 48" long by Brindle. They are less than $100 on Amazon. The dogs love them and with $30 fuzzy crate pad from Tractor Supply on top of them they hold up very well. The one my 9yr old setter sleeps on is 3 years and counting.

We’ve had a K9 ballistics for 6 years and it’s been solid. The cover is great and holds up well. Can’t go wrong.

IMG_6098.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking through the comments and photos on this thread, it's hard not to get a bit sentimental. They are truly our best friends (and members of the family).

Hello,
I am looking for recommendations for Dog beds, ..., when I say pups they are 10 and 9 years old.
My now 10-year-old German Shepherd has as the base a raised bed. On top of that is an LLBean soft cushion. On top of that, I put an LLBean's Rugged Quilted Dog Blanket. The raised bed keeps the dog off the cold floor in winter and provides support. It is easy to vacuum underneath. The middle cushion provides some softness. The blanket on top is easily washable--I have several of them, so I always have a clean one available. I am lucky in that my dog doesn't chew up his bedding.

Hope this is helpful.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 9.14.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 9.14.49 AM.png
    830.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 9.15.01 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 9.15.01 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 9.15.10 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 9.15.10 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 27

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheikh

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,