Does this big bore cartridge exist?

I have a 450 Dakota by SIGARMS, Mauser Banner rifle with a Prechtl Magnum M98 action.
The 450 Dakota arrival beat the 450 Rigby Rimless by two or three years.
450 Dakota is the 460 Wby with the belt turned off and shoulder made angulated.
Little smaller base size than the non-nostalgic 450 Rigby,
but I get all nostalgic thinking about Don Allen pioneering with the 450 Dakota,
turning belts off of 460 WbyMag brass.

At the risk of seeming more tedious than necessary,
in a 9#13 oz 500 Mbogo rifle:

450-grainer at 2800 fps: 104.8 ft-lbs @ 26.2 fps

450-grainer at 2600 fps: 89.5 ft-lbs @ 24.2 fps (recommended DRT buffalo load: 105 gr BENCHMARK)

600-grainer max load ?
Less painful than same velocity and bullet weight from a .505 Gibbs.
 
If you are too busy to handload that means you are making so much money you do not mind
$10 to $20 per cartridge for your ammo.
I was never that rich when I was working 20-hour days 5 days a week,
or 36 hours on, 12 hours off as a medical trainee, and occasionally the same as a practicing physician.
I could still find time on the weekend to handload a little bit.
 
If you are too busy to handload that means you are making so much money you do not mind
$10 to $20 per cartridge for your ammo.
I was never that rich when I was working 20-hour days 5 days a week,
or 36 hours on, 12 hours off as a medical trainee, and occasionally the same as a practicing physician.
I could still find time on the weekend to handload a little bit.
I get a whole lot of reloading done in an hour even with a single stage press
 
Peter Hambrusch in Ferlach (Austria) will build you a bolt action .500 Nitro Express. Extremely talented gentleman.
 
Reinventing the wheel can be expensive, but I always support the effort, even if just for sh*ts & giggles.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,344
Messages
1,573,578
Members
169,764
Latest member
Yvette46G2
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top