Difficulties exporting trophies from Argentina?

huntydolist

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've had decent luck/success exporting trophies out of NZ, ZA, and Bulgaria, and I've been mulling going to Argentina for a Buffalo/blackbuck/red stag hunt. I have friends down in Mexico who've had some real challenges getting trophies out of Argentina, and some of the posts here seem to confim similar challenges. Has anyone success or difficulties that they may want to share, including unplanned "fees" and hidden costs shipping out? Hopefully these are random experiences, but as with everything, you never hear the good, only the bad. Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard!

I would be interested in the answers as well.
:D Pop Popcorn:

No problems for the red stag skulls I shipped. But that was 2015.

I've heard puma and capybara can be difficult to export to US.

I’d love to hunt ducks in South or Central America but most countries, including Argentina, and Bolivia, prohibit the export of waterfowl trophies. I’ve never heard why.

No issue at all with stag or blackbuck two years ago.

I exported one trophy Red stag and two cull stags in 2023 along with a finished set of Russian Boar tusks mounted on a plaque and had absolutely zero difficulties. My hunt was in March 2023 and the trophies went from my outfitter to the customs broker / export agent in Buenos Aires around the first of June. The agent's name was Federico Testa with Logistics Solutions srl. They had the trophies crated and ready for shipment around the end of August. Federico worked closely with my import agent Coppersmith Seattle to insure all of the paperwork was in order which took a couple of weeks and the crate arrived into Seattle in late Sept 2023. The trophy crate arrived via American Airlines from BA into the US (LAX I believe for USDA inspection) and on to Seattle without delay, and arriving at my taxidermist in Helena MT by first of October. Overall cost for dip and pack, crating, shipment and import charges along with shipment to Helena ran about $2500 total, cheaper than bringing in crates from RSA.

I exported one trophy Red stag and two cull stags in 2023 along with a finished set of Russian Boar tusks mounted on a plaque and had absolutely zero difficulties. My hunt was in March 2023 and the trophies went from my outfitter to the customs broker / export agent in Buenos Aires around the first of June. The agent's name was Federico Testa with Logistics Solutions srl. They had the trophies crated and ready for shipment around the end of August. Federico worked closely with my import agent Coppersmith Seattle to insure all of the paperwork was in order which took a couple of weeks and the crate arrived into Seattle in late Sept 2023. The trophy crate arrived via American Airlines from BA into the US (LAX I believe for USDA inspection) and on to Seattle without delay, and arriving at my taxidermist in Helena MT by first of October. Overall cost for dip and pack, crating, shipment and import charges along with shipment to Helena ran about $2500 total, cheaper than bringing in crates from RSA.
Thanks so much for your report! I'm going with "Caza y Safaris" in March for red stag and blackbuck, so this is really good to hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleighFa

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you