Did anybody fly with BA through London Heathrow recently with firearms?

I have transited many times through Heathrow and never understood all of the negative comments. Now, I haven’t done it this year, but I’ve been told that nothing has changed Since my “COVID” trip and before.

There is an easy way and a hard way to transit LHR with a firearm.

If you want it to be easy, book both the arrival leg and the departure leg on the same airline or at least the same alliance. I have always booked Star Alliance and have never had an issue with the luggage going straight through, regardless of change of terminals.

If you want to make it harder, use different airlines in different alliances. If you want to make it hardest, arrive at Gatwick or Stanstead and leave out of LHR. Still doable, but a significant pain (you have to hire a company to convey the firearms between airports, etc. and it has to be arranged in advance).

Lastly, unless the UN has very recently changed its embargo on firearms to Zimbabwe, you can make your life even more difficult (which is to say, impossible) if the firearm is checked to that country.

Otherwise, pretty simple.

Yup to all of that

May and June. Posted about it elsewhere. Make sure you’re on BA metal the entire way, and save your Firearms Surrender form from initial check-in for your departure from RSA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldWors

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.