Delta or Qatar?

This may sound strange and I do not know if anybody else does it, but as pointed out previously the Delta flight gets you inot Jo'brg late. Head hits the pillow at 11PM. Rather than get up early the next day and fly/drive to my hunting lodge - I stay at Aftons for that entire day, stay there that night and then leave the next morning. A) I get to see the shops (cool hunting shops) near Jo'Burg and 2) It gets me a full day to get on African time before I start my hunt. Has anybody else done this?
 
This may sound strange and I do not know if anybody else does it, but as pointed out previously the Delta flight gets you inot Jo'brg late. Head hits the pillow at 11PM. Rather than get up early the next day and fly/drive to my hunting lodge - I stay at Aftons for that entire day, stay there that night and then leave the next morning. A) I get to see the shops (cool hunting shops) near Jo'Burg and 2) It gets me a full day to get on African time before I start my hunt. Has anybody else done this?
Did this on my last trip in June, flew in and stayed at Africa Sky for 3 nights before heading out to Mozambique. It gets me on Africa time and makes sure all my luggage made it.
 
This may sound strange and I do not know if anybody else does it, but as pointed out previously the Delta flight gets you into Jo'brg late. Head hits the pillow at 11PM. Rather than get up early the next day and fly/drive to my hunting lodge - I stay at Aftons for that entire day, stay there that night and then leave the next morning. A) I get to see the shops (cool hunting shops) near Jo'Burg and 2) It gets me a full day to get on African time before I start my hunt. Has anybody else done this?
That's the same travel strategy the wife & I plan to do. A couple of days to get our heads & bodies acclimated to RSA time, but that's only one reason.
Did this on my last trip in June, flew in and stayed at Africa Sky for 3 nights before heading out to Mozambique. It gets me on Africa time and makes sure all my luggage made it.
That's the second reason we want to do it this way and not the same day rush-rush to get to the outfitters camp - in case our luggage, rifles, and/or the ammo got misplaced somewhere between our city to Atlanta, or to Jo-berg from Atlanta.

Yeah, it'll add days on both ends, but it'll be a more enjoyable experience for us and make for a better hunt for me.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,846
Members
169,435
Latest member
hanthanhvien
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top