David Allan Coe - RIP

Tbitty

AH elite
Joined
Nov 26, 2019
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
5,597
Location
Texas
Media
46
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Mex/S.Amer
1
Hunted
RSA, Argentina, Saskatchewan Canada, several US States
He was a rough character. He served some hard time and was very legitimately one of the voices of what we knew as “outlaw country.” Waylon, Willie, with lesser known names like Rusty Wier, Rita Coolidge, were the music of my youth.

Here is a touching song he wrote for Tanya Tucker.

 
Last edited:
One of my favorites!

 
One of the all time best. One hell of an arc of a career. Wrote a hell of a lot of songs too, some he made hits and some others did. Glad to have seen him live several times over the years. Cheers
 
Ahhhhh... Went Country Music actually reflected the country. It's all crap these days (and get off my lawn!). RIP Sir.
 
One of my favorites RIP DAC! There was a beer joint in Pasadena, TX that he used to play at all the time and you could still see the old advertisement painted on the wall outside the night of the month he played there. I was going to name a girl Tanya Montana if I would have had one after his song. Turns out I had 2 boys and it would have been like a Johnny Cash song if I named one of them Tanya or Sue! Lol
 
The baddest guy to ever come out of Dallas…. Checks notes…… Akron OH
 
I worked my way through college as security at night clubs in College Station Texas and I loved his music and still do; but one night while I was working head of security at the now closed "Texas Hall Of Fame" with 3,000 people in the bar and he came out on stage and made such as ASS of him self I thought we were going to have a riot.

He may have been a great musician, but he was also a first rate asshole; but then again what do you expect from a man that shared a room with Charles Manson at the juvenile reformatory in Tarahote Indiana.
 
Could have gone without hearing of his passing. Another singer I am fond of is Willy and I know his time is limited.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,541
Members
169,371
Latest member
BernardCos
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top