Dallas area AH members - Field & Stream store closeout in Prosper

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Just a heads-up to all you DFW-area AH members, the Field & Stream store in Prosper (on the northeast corner of Highway 380 and Preston/289) is having a big close-out sale on most of their items in order to vacate the space (which will be taken over by the Dick's Sporting Goods next door). While their prices are not historically the most competitive, the discounts for the close-out sale are pretty substantial. Examples include:
  • 20% off all long guns
  • 25% off all handguns
  • 25% all ammo
  • 33% off all optics and mounting components
  • 25% off knives
  • 50% off reloading components (they have bullets and brass, but no powder or primers on hand). For example, today I picked up two 100 count boxes of Sierra .30 cal 175gr BTHP bullets for $30 a box (e.g. 30 cents per bullet). Another example is that they had a small selection of all-copper Barnes TTSX bullets in 25, 270, and 30 calibers for about 50 cents per bullet. I don't need any, but that sounds like a heckuva deal.
  • 50% off reloading equipment
  • 50% off reloading dies (they had a pretty good selection of Hornady and RCBS dies, at an average price of $27-30 each, after discount).
  • 50% off gun and ammo storage (cases, safes, ammo boxes, etc.)
  • 33%-50% off gun accessories (e.g. slings, magazines, scope covers
  • 50% off all cleaning equipment and supplies
  • 33% off all archery (bows, crossbows, arrows, broadheads, and accessories)
There's probably more that I can't think of right now, but you get the idea. I think I overheard that the closeout sale is running until early January, but things are selling pretty quick. If you're nearby to Prosper, Texas, it might be worth the drive.

Last edited:
My reloading bench loves you… my bow likes you too…

My wallet hates you though…

$360 spent at F&S today on archery and reloading supplies… everything I bought was 50% off…

Grabbed every 30 caliber and 270 caliber Barnes bullet they had on the shelf… grabbed the latest hornady reloading manual… some skeet/trap shooting supplies… a new single pin sight for the bow.. and some other stuff…

Thanks for the heads up!

My reloading bench loves you… my bow likes you too…

My wallet hates you though…

$360 spent at F&S today on archery and reloading supplies… everything I bought was 50% off…

Grabbed every 30 caliber and 270 caliber Barnes bullet they had on the shelf… grabbed the latest hornady reloading manual… some skeet/trap shooting supplies… a new single pin sight for the bow.. and some other stuff…

Thanks for the heads up!
Yeah; I was eyeballing those all-copper Barnes bullets at 50 cents apiece pretty hard, but I'm already sitting on a pile of premium hunting bullets that I'll probably never shoot through. But I did pick up a couple of boxes of 30 cal. Sierra MatchKing 175 BTHP's to use as range ammo for 30 cents apiece, as well as an arm full of cleaning supplies that I know I'll use eventually.j.

Just now seeing this…. How picked over was the place? Worth making the 20 minute drive?

Reloading supplies were getting slim… but still had lots of guns on the shelf… a decent supply of ammo.. tons of archery equipment… lots of accessories.. and a decent camo selection…

Field & Stream stores are/were owned by Dick's Sporting Goods.

Bumping this back to the top because this store has increased their closeout sale discounts even more just this week. For example, discounts on long guns have been increased to 25% off, 30% for handguns, 33% off on ammo, and 75% off on cleaning and reloading supplies/equipment. I can't recall the last time I saw RCBS and Hornady rifle dies for $16 a set, but it's been many years. I saw calibers like 22-250, 243, 25-06, 7mm-08, 308 Win, etc. at that price; as well as some sets of 45-70 dies at $22.50. One caveat though: the discounts are working, and the inventory is getting pretty sparse at this point.

damn you @cash_tx ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess I know where I am headed during my lunch break in about an hour...

my wallet REALLY hates you... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

damn you @cash_tx ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess I know where I am headed during my lunch break in about an hour...

my wallet REALLY hates you... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
LOL, I've been there five times now; twice just yesterday, once before and once again after lunch! :)

Hoping the archery stuff isnt too picked over.. Im in the market for a dozen new arrows and some new broadheads (planning on my 2023 hunt @Bos en Dal SAFARIS to possibly be an archery hunt..

At 75% off I'm guessing Im going to load up on some additional reloading stuff that I probably don't need.. but wont be able to resist as well... lol..

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was sorely tempted to buy reloading dies that I already own and will never wear out. ;-)

You realize my wife isnt going to let you into our house... ever.... right? :D :D :D

$600 later... I now have about $1800 worth of new hunting stuff added to the closets and safe and benches lol..

20 new gold tip arrows.. 24 field points.. 24 weighted inserts... a new sitka pack... several sitka shirts.. a garmin etrex for the UTV.. the dogs got new beds... a handful of glock 43 magazines... and God only knows what else made it into the basket before I escaped..

Its definitely heavily picked over at this point.. and there were clearly some guys racking up for an ebay type business (literally just shoving entire rows of stuff indiscriminately into carts to purchase)... but everything I got was between 50-75% off.. and was all stuff that I didn't necessarily NEED.. but all of which was stuff I can certainly use, and ultimately would have likely purchased anyway...

so.. while my wife and my wallet hate you.... I personally thank you for the heads up... :D

Wish I'd seen this sooner. I work about 10 minutes from that store, usually end up at the Whataburger neighboring it about once a week. I had joined the Dicks boycott and stopped looking at the place, but might have to go see if there's any closeout worth my while.

I hate Dicks…

But I’m happy to relieve them of product at prices below their wholesale purchase point…

You realize my wife isnt going to let you into our house... ever.... right? :D :D :D

$600 later... I now have about $1800 worth of new hunting stuff added to the closets and safe and benches lol..

20 new gold tip arrows.. 24 field points.. 24 weighted inserts... a new sitka pack... several sitka shirts.. a garmin etrex for the UTV.. the dogs got new beds... a handful of glock 43 magazines... and God only knows what else made it into the basket before I escaped..

Its definitely heavily picked over at this point.. and there were clearly some guys racking up for an ebay type business (literally just shoving entire rows of stuff indiscriminately into carts to purchase)... but everything I got was between 50-75% off.. and was all stuff that I didn't necessarily NEED.. but all of which was stuff I can certainly use, and ultimately would have likely purchased anyway...

so.. while my wife and my wallet hate you.... I personally thank you for the heads up... :D
LOL; three days later, and I'm still staring at bags of stuff from there that I need to unpack, sort, and stow away. ;-)

It was well picked over by yesterday 4pm, but still a few deals to be had. Spent about $150 on $500 in gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.